Social Media/Sales InternshipBookmark This
Creative Event Planning
1040 First Ave Suite #105
DescriptionCreative Event Planning is a Manhattan-based, full-service event-planning company. For more than twenty-two years, our clients have included New York’s most prestigious corporations in advertising, financial services, the arts and consumer products as well as numerous private and social clients.
We are seeking a part-time (or ideally full-time) Social Media/Sales Intern available IMMEDIATELY for approximately 6 months (flexible start and end dates) to perform various tasks that will give him/her insight on working in a fun event planning company.
Come join us and get to visit fabulous venues, taste yummy foods and drinks and attend great events while getting meaningful hands-on experience.
Responsibilities• Updating social media networking such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Tumblr
• Making initial sales calls to new and repeat clients
• Work on marketing projects through e-mail marketing, direct marketing and telephone marketing
• Follow up with vendors and client requests
• Research for client proposal to include site locations, music, decor, and other event elements
• On going update of client data base
• Implementation of e-mail newsletter for promotions to clients
• Research online and in person sites and other event enhancements
• Document photos
• Assist set up and work events with other interns, staff and vendors
• Attend industry events
• Expected to work independently and complete tasks and projects
RequirementsThe ideal Social Media / Sales Intern must meet the following requirements:
• High Organizational, Communication and Research skills
• Attention to Detail
• Comfortable speaking on the Phone
• Preferably an Interest in the Events field
• Strong Knowledge in using Microsoft Office Software programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Ability to Multi-Task and Work in a Fast-Paced Atmosphere
An experience or a previous internship in Social Media / Sales, especially if it is in the Event industry, as well as some Knowledge in using Constant Contact are a Plus.
International, Undergraduate and Graduate students are welcome to apply.
Although the internship is unpaid, the professional experience that the intern will gain is valuable and arrangements will be made for students to earn academic credit, if desired. If the tasks are performed successfully, Creative Event Planning will be more than glad to write a recommendation letter at the end of the internship.
If you are interested, please be prepared to provide 1 or 2 references and include your availabilities (start and end date / length of the internship) in a cover letter.