The Blaq Group - Social Media InternshipBookmark This
The Blaq Group
230 5th avenue
New York, NY
DescriptionThe Blaq Group, a rapidly expanding company in the event planning, consulting, and marketing space is looking for a highly motivated self-starter to assist with the Social Media & Digital Public Relations functions of our businesses. The successful candidate will have strong Social Media relations skills, a high level of creativity, an innovative and edgy style, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The candidate will be interested in not only current social media culture but the newest trends and innovations. The right candidate will assist with increasing brand awareness, customer engagement, and cultivating online relationships across the hospitality industry locally in NYC, and nationally. The candidate will assist the marketing department and play an integral role in the deployment of various public relations strategies and campaigns. A secondary role this person will play will be to assist across the overall marketing and public relations departments in an auxiliary / support role. This role will allow a candidate with experience and interest in social media to apply it to an existing operating company in Hospitality and Entertainment and Nightlife industry. This internship will allow you to interact with our top contacts and will give you practical application to your coursework and career.
Responsibilities• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of the community
• Assists in maintaining up-to-date content on multiple social media platforms
• Assist in the development of successful Digital PR and Social Media strategies
• Identify a calendar of events to produce utilizing the company’s promoters, hosts, event planners, and network combined with contacts you establish through these events
• Publicize client by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events, etc.
• Assist in managing our client’s online presence and increasing brand awareness through social media and online marketing techniques.
• Develop initiatives that encourage customer engagement from our clients' social media networks including platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Foursquare. Etc.
• Assist, support, develop social media strategies for various clients
• Assist in the management of our client’s online presence and brand through social media and online marketing techniques
• Develop and utilize your own social media network as well as have knowledge of the blogosphere environment
• Monitor, track and analyze all client social media properties
• Facilitate online conversations and events to make sure conversation and content are engaging and relevant
Requirements• A strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Great interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Team-oriented and able to take the lead on relevant projects
• Available to work at least 3 days per week.