Spring/Summer Social Media Marketing Needed-- Community OrgOur Community is Our Land
Social Media Strategist (Spring 2017)Be The Flame
Social Media Management InternCMR Ventures, LLC dba Locally Rocks
Social Media MarketingPlantOGram
PR, SEO, and Social Media Rockstar InternTapClicks
Social Media & Community Management InternWFG
Social Media, Digital Marketing Internship - Spring/Summer 2017Luxor Linens
Art Gallery / Communications, Web & Social Media InternshipBookmark This
Alfa Art Gallery
108 Church St
New Brunswick, NJ
Posted: February 17 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAlfa Art Gallery (a NJ Non-Profit Organization) accomplishes as much as it does thanks to the assistance of many volunteers and interns. Our internship program is available to college students and recent graduates. This is an excellent opportunity to gain real-world work experience in an art gallery environment.
The internships positions are unpaid, but interns may arrange with their college to receive course credit (each department does things differently but there is usually some sort of internship proposal form. Talk to your department heads for more info). In exchange for their work interns will also gain valuable experience in a dynamic nonprofit arts environment and will receive an evaluation form and letter of recommendation at the end of their internship.
To apply for an internship, or to volunteer, please review the available positions below and send us your resume and cover letter letting us know which you’re interested in. Please tell us about your skills, and let us know your available start date and hours. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please e-mail a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alfa Art Gallery is looking for an intern to further and improve the gallery’s online presence on the web and social media platforms.
For more info go to - http://www.alfaart.org/about-us/internships
Responsibilities• Responsible for social media presence
• In charge of the developing Alfa’s Wordpress blog
• Maintain the gallery’s personal relationship with patrons and artists
• Assist with developing marketing plans to promote events more successfully
• Assist with general institutional visibility and community outreach
• Promote the gallery’s facilities rental program
Requirements• Good writing skills are important
• Must be computer literate and experienced in using different social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
• Experience with the Microsoft Office suite is necessary.
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop will be useful
• Previous experience with WordPress or other CMS platforms is a plus. Knowledge of HTML and CSS will be useful.
Here are some general rules and requirements that apply to all internship positions:
• Interns are expected to attend most gallery-organized events (usually 2-3 a month).
• Interns are expected to spend at least 8hrs a week at the gallery. Hours are flexible and will be assigned on an individual basis.
• All interns will gain valuable public speaking experience through our program “The News”. “The News” is a program, which tries to inform visitors at our events about other upcoming cultural events in the New Brunswick area.
• All interns will be required to propose, plan, organize and execute an event during their internship. Since event planning and organization is a very comprehensive process each intern will have to collaborate with all other team members. This will help develop team-building and event organization skills.
• In addition to the tasks specific to their area each intern is expected to help with administrative tasks and day-to-day operations.
• Candidates should possess good written and verbal communication skills
• Candidates should have a passion for art and a desire to be actively involved in the art community
• Candidates are expected to be computer literate and quick learners
• Candidates are required to have excellent problem solving skills and are expected to take initiative.