Social Media Management InternCreative CoLAB
Digital Marketing Strategist (Remote)Geopolitical Intelligence System
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Driven Vision
Internship: Social MediaTrend Prive Magazine
Social Media InternBelle Maison Agency
Youtube GuruH&R Yacht Charters
Social Media Targeting TechH&R Yacht Charters
Facebook Social Media ManagerIdeate Vision
Delta AmbassadorBookmark This
Restore the Delta
10100 Trinity Parkway, Suite 120
Posted: March 25 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionA Delta Ambassador will be the connection between Restore the Delta and our community. Our Delta Ambassador intern will work closely with their community leaders, groups, neighborhoods, classes, clubs, etc, to distribute information about the Delta tunnels and Restore the Delta. The goals of the Delta Ambassador are to maintain relationships with members of the community and increase awareness and involvement in Restore the Delta’s campaign to stop the Delta tunnels.
Restore the Delta is seeking interns for each school semester or for a 5-month period or more. A modest stipend will be awarded at the conclusion of the internship in ratio to individual effort. Amount of hours per week is flexible (10-25 hrs per/week). We can help you achieve class credit if needed! Hours can be divided between working at home and working in our office. Students, retirees, anyone with commitment and dedication are welcomed to apply! We will reimburse for mileage and coffee/regular meals when traveling to help us.
Our office hours are between 10:00 AM to 4:30PM from Monday through Friday, but some activities require working on a Saturday or Sunday, or evening hours. We are located in Stockton, CA near 8-mile road, address: 10100 Trinity Parkway Suite 120, Stockton, CA 95219. If interested in applying, please e-mail Stina@RestoretheDelta.org with your resume and a brief letter telling us about yourself and why you want to get more involved.
Why intern at Restore the Delta?
• Become a direct part of the effort to save our Delta communities and the largest estuary on the west coast of the Americas
• Promote better solutions to managing the Delta estuary and California Water for future sustainability
• Gain valuable skills, work experience, and connections
• Subscribed to Restore the Delta e-mail updates and/or social media profiles (Twitter or Facebook)
• Understanding of our better solution to the BDCP Delta tunnels
• Understanding of the negative impacts of the BDCP Delta tunnels
• An advocate for water conservation and/or a lover of rivers and estuaries
Responsibilities• Attending local events and meetings to distribute our handouts and information; such events can range from City Council meetings, group potlucks, classes, festivals, etc.
• Researching and staying up to date on possible events and meetings that are relevant to Restore the Delta advocacy
• Social media and web advocacy, share/promoting our social media content with your social media network and on the web (for example, posting our petitions to your Facebook profile, sharing our content on forums such as Reddit, etc)
• Exhibiting/tabling at various festivals to provide outreach
• Posting content on Restore the Delta’s Tumblr, Instagram, and other social media profiles (as given by Restore the Delta staff)
• Other tasks as assigned by Restore the Delta staff, such as preparing letters for mailing, packaging yard signs, delivering advocacy materials to supporters, etc.
Requirements• Dedication to Restore the Delta’s mission, goals and objectives
• Must have a Facebook and Twitter profile
• Good verbal, written, and telecommunication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• If not a retiree, or young professional, should be pursuing education goals in any area