Social Media & Community Management InternMotivators and Creators Women's Group
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNALLERGAN PLC
Online Social Media ManagerVictims of Immigration Fraud
Summer Internship at Social Network Startup Ahead of National DebutCarita LLC
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING INTERNIMEX CARGO LLC
Social Media & Community Management InternThe Morph Project
Social Media, MultimediaEtching-It.com
Digital Marketing InternshipBookmark This
Edison Festival of Light
1524 Jackson Street
Fort Myers, FL
Posted: April 07 2017
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Edison Festival of Light is seeking undergraduate and graduate students interested in gaining experience in a nonprofit environment. The Edison Festival of Light is a nonprofit, volunteer, self-supporting organization that plans, organizes and promotes Southwest Florida’s largest festival. The Festival is a celebration of innovation, tradition, and education and takes place in February each year and consists of 22 events and involves a half million people.
The Digital Media Intern will report directly to the Marketing & Event Coordinator and is ideal for someone who is interested in furthering his or her education and experience in the world of digital marketing. This internship will provide exposure to various aspects of digital media that may include, but are not limited to: social media, search engine optimization, paid advertising and analytics. There will be ample opportunity to contribute ideas. This is an unpaid internship offered for the each semester (fall, spring and summer).
Under the direction and supervision of the Event Coordinator, the student will learn the following:
• Enhance skills and abilities in digital marketing;
• Develop an understanding of paid advertisements and organic growth;
• Utilize tools such as Hootsuite and Google Analytics;
• Ability to earn certification in the respected programs to strengthen job market candidacy;
• Apply the basic theories and principles of communications and consumer marketing;
• Collaborate with immediate supervisors in identifying specific goals and objectives for the program;
• Professional etiquette and expectations;
• Engage with professional role models and potential mentors who can provide guidance, feedback, and support;
• Expand network of professional relationships and contacts;
• Develop a solid work ethic and professional demeanor, as well as a commitment to ethical conduct and social responsibility.
Responsibilities• Identify key influencers through the digital landscape;
• Develop strategic ideas and content and curate copy used for digital and printed materials;
• Graphic design of content;
• Analyze complex data from native social platforms;
• Research, verify information, and collect data for various materials;
• Grow social networks organically;
• Upkeep the Festival blog;
• Establish meaningful relationships with followers;
• Pitch stories of interest for digital and printed materials;
• Assist in the overall design and content of the award winning Commemorative Souvenir Program;
• Create and produce reports on analytical findings;
• Maintain consistent compliance with Edison Festival of Light Volunteer and Intern policies.
Requirements• Must currently be enrolled at an accredited college or university;
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Background of digital marketing skills a plus;
• Solid understanding of social media platforms;
• Strong organizational and analytical skills;
• Strong design aesthetic;
• Self-motivated, flexible, learns quickly, and possesses a high level of personal integrity;
• Detail-oriented with ability to meet deadlines, both prescribed and self-imposed;
• Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously;
• Knowledge of Hootsuite, Google AdWords, and Analytics;
• Proficient in Photoshop;
• Video editing skills a plus;
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Must be local--hours must be completed in Festival office; no telecommute applicants.