PUBLIC RELATIONS / ADVERTISING AND SALESSynergy Management
Social Media Intern | MagazineFV MAGAZINE
Social Media & Community Management InternBond Street Group
Lifestyle Publication Looking for a Social Media/Digital Marketing Intern!East Coast Contessas
Rockstar Startup InternIntuitive Development Group
Social Media internshipCost Cutters
Social Media InternRhythmic Sport
Social Media & Community Management InternCorporate Corner
Editorial /Social Media/ Journalism InternBookmark This
Posted: May 06 2015
Company Location: Hollywood, FL
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJamaicans.com invites aspiring journalist professionals to join one of the Caribbean’s most visited and dynamic websites as an intern.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to gain valuable in journalistic, social media, public relations, and website management experience . Interns will receive “by-line” credit for their work . Candidates must have excellent communication skills, fluent in English and possess excellent writing and be computer & Internet proficient. Experience with writing for internet publication is preferred. Scheduling is flexible, allowing for the Interns to match their school schedule with our needs.
Jamaicans.com is one of the world’s leading websites covering news, travel, culture and politics in Jamaica and the Caribbean. Averaging 178,000 unique visitors per month from all over the world, Jamaicans.com is the online information gateway to Jamaica and the Caribbean.
Responsibilities- Conducting interviews via email with Caribbean Personalities
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support for articles being published.
- Proofreading both electronic files, basic copy editing, and writing
- Assisting with Social Media marketing and promotions
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with a Photo editing program