Scranton Fringe Festival Social Media & Marketing InternshipScranton Fringe
Digital Marketing/Social Media InternshipHacker Freelancing
Social Media & Community Engagement - Full / Part TimeA&A Marketing Group
Marketing/Social Media/ Public RelationsBeauty of Cancer, LLC
Social Media InternHecTech
Social Media InternSusan G. Komen Chicagoland Affiliate
Social Media Marketing and Content Virtual Interngettingmarriedinitaly®
Social Media ManagementLPB Media
Graphic Design and Web Design InternsBookmark This
Posted: July 29 2015
Company Location: Parkville, MD
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 6 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionStepUp2Success is seeking qualified individuals with graphic design (and/or) web design skills. This is a virtual UNPAID internship opportunity. The graphic design and web design interns will be given projects to complete on behalf of StepUp2Success and will negotiate deadlines with the principal. Interns ideally spend 5 to 10 hours per week on projects.
ResponsibilitiesGraphic Design Intern Duties:
• Works with web design interns to create visually attractive web sites
• Works with principal to create visually attractive documents which includes press releases, course materials, marketing materials and product brochures, corporate documents
• Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
• Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
• Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment
• Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment.
• Completes projects by coordinating with principal
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and within specified timeframe (project deadline).
Web Site Design Intern Duties:
• Plans site design by clarifying goals; designing functionality.
• Develops site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content.
• Develops site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and graphic artists; designing images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
• Prepares site by installing and configuring server software; installing programming language using authoring and formatting tools; ensuring cross-platform compatibility; establishing links.
• Establishes SEO by registering with search engines.
• Upgrades site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
• Protects site by designing and installing security precautions.
• Maintains site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Provides information by collecting,analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
• Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies;performing preventive maintenance.
• Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
RequirementsGraphic Designer Skills and Qualifications:
Graphic Design Skills, Layout Skills, Creative Services, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Desktop Publishing Tools
Required: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
Optional: Knowledge of web sites, other graphical programs
Web Site Designer Skills and Qualifications:
Web Graphic Design, Web Savvy, Planning, Web User Interface Design, Web Programming Skills, Teamwork, Illustration Tools, Multimedia Content Development
Preferred - Visual Basic for Applications