SPRING Semester-- Social Media and PR Internship for High-Profile Dating CompanySamantha's Table
Techie Social Media InternThe Mentor Method
Social media internshipNew York Life
Golf Media Brand InternGIA
Marketing and Social Media Volunteer / InternKyle Joseph
Blogging & Social Media Internship at Entertainment Staffing Firm in LAThe Pocketbook Agency
Social Media Intern for Singer-SongwriterAlison James Music
Social Media InternshipProgressive Mastery Learning - The Grid Method
Marketing, Social Media, Content Curation InternBookmark This
1305 N Catalina St
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: July 13 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSoulPancake is actor Rainn Wilson’s media and production company that encourages people to chew on life’s big questions and figure out what it means to be human through thought-provoking online and video content and creative engagement opportunities. We like people who know how to hustle (and if you know how to do the hustle, that’s even better). We’ve decked out our office with melted crayons, chartreuse filing cabinets, and neon zipties. We create content about life, death, love, purpose, art, and the soul. If that sounds like an environment you’d enjoy, and you know how to work hard with a big smile on your face, then SoulPancake is the right place for you! We offer a fun, positive, and collaborative work environment with the opportunity for hands-on experience and opportunities for creative, meaningful work.
* Support director of sales and marketing in executing SoulPancake’s overall marketing vision
* Continually find, group, sort, organize, and share the best and most relevant content across the internet that aligns with SoulPancake’s mission and aesthetic
* Build and maintain local and national media contact lists
* Provide support to SP.com content director and YouTube channel manager
* Work with channel manager to build database of influential blogs across various categories
* Develop themed, curated playlists of video content for YouTube
* Reach out to bloggers and websites to get SoulPancake videos features
* Track and document media coverage, website, and YouTube channel content and comments on a daily basis
* Generate or find quick-response videos/playlists for timely events and headlines
* Create original content (i.e. commentary, opinions, headlines) to supplement curated material
* Update ‘News & Announcements’ section on SoulPancake.com on a regular basis
* Create marketing materials for email campaigns, etc.
* Maintain and grow SoulPancake’s presence on various social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, VYou, and Reddit
* Perform basic administrative duties, including phone, mailing, errands
* Solid writing and communication skills
* Ability to work quickly and on deadline
* Interest or background in marketing, PR, and/or social media
* Experience or interest in journalism, researching and writing compelling stories about people and events
* Understanding of grassroots/word-of-mouth marketing
* Strong online search and research skills
* Ability to find new sources of content across blogs, websites, and other curation sites
* Ability to read and understand monthly website statistics, such as through Google Analytics
* Strong multitasking, organizational and time management skills
* Well-versed on current social media trends and online video scene
* Creative thinking is a must!
*** NOTE: Please include Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest handle, YouTube playlists, and relevant social media profiles, blog or curation URLs in your cover letter.