Social Media Internship (Veterans Advocacy Organization)Academy of United States Veterans
Marketing InternLux Spa & Wellness
Social Media Manager InternShaynaLee Coaching, LLC
Social Media and Blogging InternValene Ashia Creative Studio
Business Development Intern - Fine ArtGe Hummer Group Corporation
Social Media Marketing SpecialistOutings & Adventures
Social Media ManagerToxin Magazine
Social Media & Community Management InternFlushing FC
Marketing / Social Media / Partnerships InternBookmark This
104 West 29th St.
New York, NY
Posted: November 30 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDoNYC’s marketing, social media, and partnerships intern will be responsible for contributing to DoNYC’s voice across a variety of social media platforms, and helping find new ways to reach an ever-growing local audience. This entails communicating with fans and followers, conducting ticket giveaways, helping to build DoNYC’s social and email following, reaching out to potential event partners, and media outreach regarding events produced internally. The intern will also be responsible for a variety of marketing tasks that arise frequently. Creative, self-motivated individuals that are able to think outside of the box and present their own ideas will excel.
Responsibilities- Respond to DoNYC user comments and questions in a professional, helpful manner, while maintaining DoNYC’s “voice.”
- Conduct contests and giveaways on the site and social media channels, as well as help build buzz for the events and giveaways
- Utilize DoNYC’s social media accounts, and represent DoNYC on personal accounts
- Produce inventive ideas to solve various marketing needs and take on tasks as they arise
- Find creative opportunities for media trades, event sponsorships, etc.
- Be able to attend large majority of DoNYC events on both weekends and weeknights.
Requirements- Able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prior awareness of DoNYC - active user of the site, and familiar with our other outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email newsletter, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Facebook and Twitter with current, active profiles on each
- Strong, proven writing and communication skills
- Strong passion for music and/or NYC events and nightlife
- Generally “in the know” about NYC events and happenings
- Self-Motivated - ability to focus and complete duties in a casual environment
- Flexible schedule - able to attend DoNYC events as frequently as possible
- Must be at least 21+ to assist with any doNYC events
- Candidate should ideally be looking to fill a college credit requirement. This is negotiable, but candidate will have to prove ability to take on such an important role if not seeking credit.
- Confident, creative thinker - ability to speak up and contribute in a team environment.
- Strong understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr, with current, active profiles on each.
- In the know about the latest and greatest social media and digital marketing tools.
- Industry-obsessed, following what others are doing and constantly brainstorming how it could be done better.
SkillsRequired - Social Media, Digital Marketing
Preferred - Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing, Sponsorship, Sponsorship Activation, Social Media Advertising, Social Media Management, Sponsorship Generation, Event Production