Do you have passion for the Startup life?Paper Airplane Dating
Social Media & Community Management InternCuerpaso
Marketing InternPetals & Roots
Social Media Management InternWinning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Social Media Content InternGroupie inc.
Social Media & Community Management InternVillarreal Fine Jewelers
Social Media & Community Management InternDiane Forster, Inc.
Social Media Internship - NYC Indie Record LabelStyles Upon Styles
Public Relations & Social Media InternshipBookmark This
Lupus Foundation of America Connecticut Chapter
270 Farmington Avenue Suite 362
Posted: December 17 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Lupus Foundation of America, Connecticut Chapter is currently looking for Social Media Interns for the Summer, Fall, and Spring semesters. The Lupus Foundation is looking for hands-on individuals working to increase awareness and public understanding of lupus. This internship is designed to introduce interns to the non-profit sector and the range of social media programs used in a non-profit organization. Social media is spearheading the way of the future when it comes to communication, and engaging constituents. To learn more about the Lupus Foundation of America, CT Chapter, visit www.lupusct.org.
Responsibilities- Produce and post well researched, relevant and enticing messages on social media avenues.
- Engage daily with donors, volunteers, fans, and followers.
- Create and update daily, weekly, and monthly communication calendars and reports.
- Collaborate with other interns to ensure all tasks are completed.
- Attend all events for the semester.
Requirements- Strong communicator, with excellent writing, listening and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge publishing or participating on blogs, social news, video/photo sharing, and social networking applications .
- Strong knowledge of public relations and social media best practices (and worst practices).
- Knowledge of a wide variety of social media applications and tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, WordPress) (both web and mobile versions).
- Basic knowledge of SEO.
- Willingness to learn and research independently when needed.
- Ability to organize data, keep accurate records, and prepare reports.
- Currently majoring in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations or related field required.
- Solid understanding of the social media universe.