PUBLIC RELATIONS / ADVERTISING AND SALESSynergy Management
Social Media & Marketing InternAmerican Bars
Social Media InternR. Couri Hay Creative Public Relations
Event PlannerQueen Concepts & Co.
Technology News & Media Company Seeking Intern For Social Media/Film/Video/Photo AssignmentsDigiLyfe Media
Scranton Fringe Festival Social Media & Marketing InternshipScranton Fringe
Digital Marketing/Social Media InternshipHacker Freelancing
Real-World Social Start-up InternshipBookmark This
Skyscape Endeavors, LLC
122 E 13th St.
New York, NY
Posted: September 08 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
We are an early stage start-up using technology to break down monotony and build real offline human connections. Our community shares a simple belief: when people stop taking themselves too seriously and feel free to act silly around strangers, great things happen. We are building the Someonesays app to enable people to do that together. Someonesays is currently in private alpha mode at http://someonesays.co and our mobile app is in development.
You like people and embrace random experiences. You are a great communicator. You want to learn what it takes to build a start up. You are creative, resourceful, and have an entrepreneurial spirit. You are organized, detail-oriented, and like to be helpful in any way that you can be.
Our interns will enjoy the start-up experience from the front lines, which involves exposure to and guidance in many aspects of running the company, tailored to best fit their skills and interests, including:
- Cultivating the Someonesays community and communicating our core messages
- Managing social media accounts and writing compelling materials for the web site
- Identifying and pursuing partnership opportunities
- Building relationships with organizations and individuals in related fields
- Writing great challenges (this will be an involved and creative process)
- Brainstorming features and most key decisions
- Creating instructional videos and simple graphics
- Organizing and helping to run events and meetups
- Having a great time, learning a ton, and growing in the process
The time commitment is approximately 5 hours per week in the Union Square area during the academic year.
Performing challenges in a creative and engaging way, resulting in great responses (we have to eat our own cooking!)
The time commitment is approximately 5-10 hours per week in the Union Square area
- Passion for our mission
- Wide-ranging creativity
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Self-starter who can work as part of a team or individually on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to build relationships and partnerships
- Hands-on, “whatever it takes” mentality to get the job done
- Fun, charismatic, flexible, and easy-going personality
Not requirements, but be sure to highlight any of the following:
- Comedy, improv, playwriting, or other significant writing experience
- Web design or other technical skills
- Video editing skills
- Respectable social media following