Social Media SpecialistAcenonyx
Social Media SpecialistSeattle Web Search
Social Media & Community Management InternTheChicSpy.com
Social Media InternBrogan Group
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNNOVA CHEMICALS
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNAlberta Health Services (AHS)
Social Media Publicist – Part-time/ContractHIBU
Social Media Publicist – Part-time/ContractHIBU
Social Media CoordinatorBookmark This
312 Arizona Ave
Santa Monica, CA
Posted: October 07 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBased in Santa Monica, California, HecTech is a community marketplace for small to mid-size business to access, book and manage customized IT services from a mobile phone or tablet.
Whether its troubleshooting a network issue, recovering files from a damaged hard drive or designing an entire network infrastructure, HecTech makes it easy for SMBs to access IT services when they need it, and for service providers to share their expertise according to their own schedule.
HecTech is seeking a part-time one-year internship position for a Social Media Coordinator to create compelling and dynamic content using key social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and blogs. Working from the downtown Santa Monica office, and reporting to the Chief Learning Officer, the Social Media Coordinator will work collaboratively to promote the goals, messages, image and awareness regarding the company and its mobile application. The coordinator will support the development, implementation and monitoring of social media campaigns across a number of platforms and will write and gather content for electronic publications, social media and blogs.
ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Social media content creation:
• Draft content for external communications, blogs and social networking platforms.
• Use creative means to plan, organize, and implement a range of social media programs and/or events.
• Contribute to and regularly update external social sites: such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other community sites.
• Develop content calendar for these sites.
Social media community management:
• Respond to stakeholder inquiries and comments on established channels in real time as necessary.
• Listen to and monitor all social media outlets: pages, sites, blogs on a daily basis and post/respond on particular topics or in response to other post/comments.
• Convey a sense of community and build our following based on valuation content and mutual sharing.
Website research and monitoring:
• Use alerts, search and other tools to monitor for mentions.
• Pay close attention to detail.
Email newsletter management:
• Identify editorial and news materials for weekly and month newsletter; lay out newsletter in template, oversee distribution and report results.
Train others on using social media platforms effectively.
• Ability to cross-train other employees on electronic and social marketing related functions.
• Must be comfortable presenting technical information to management team and staff.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or equivalent combination of professional and academic experience.
• 3 years of experience planning, testing, launching, monitoring, optimizing and measuring social media campaigns preferred.
• Experience working with youth in non-profits or in child welfare settings preferred.
• Former foster youth are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Expert level knowledge of leveraging social media technologies such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, and working knowledge of web analytics software.
• Proficiency in using personal computer and various office software packages including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, calendaring, and email management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.• Ability to communicate effectively with target population of youth in California through the use of social media.
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written and electronic materials.
In addition to your resume, please submit at least 2 writing samples and or URL addresses containing only your content.
SkillsRequired - Blogger, Technical Communication, Writing and Editing, Writing News Releases, Technology Evangelist, Research Analysis, Writing For The Web
Preferred - Written & Oral Presentation Skills, Blog Marketing, Detail Oriented, Technology Evangelist, Tech Savy