Social Media Marketing SpecialistPoplar Network
Social Media SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
YouTube GuruBeloved Streets of America
Social Media & Community Management InternStimulus
Marketing/Social Media InternAO Group
Passtionate Social Media InternFDG
Social Media & Community Management InternCostco Wholesale
Social Media & Community Management InternAusgold Limited
Social Media, Fundraising and PR Internship (Winter/Spring 2017)Bookmark This
World Service Authority
5 Thomas Circle NW, Suite 505
Posted: October 15 2016
Application Deadline: January 6, 2017
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 01/17/17 — 05/19/17
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUndergraduate and graduate students who are interested in using their social media and communications skills to promote human rights and world citizenship are encouraged to apply for this 3 to 5 month, 15-20 (or more) hours per week internship (hours are flexible). Interns will:
1) use social media to advance the goals of the organization;
2) contact individuals and organizations to seek funding for and partnerships with the organization;
3) research grant and PR opportunities;
4) draft and submit grant proposals;
5) contact individuals and organizations to promote the goals and principles of the organization;
6) use Internet and desktop publishing tools to provide information, improve documentation, create brochures, publications and flyers, and promote the organization;
7) update website content and develop new websites;
8) initiate new outreach and networking projects;
9) respond to public requests for information about the organization;
10) research opportunities to meet with the public in various peace, human rights, environment, etc. conventions, meetings, panels and other forums.
ResponsibilitiesQualifications: Excellent communication skills required and multi-lingual applicants (especially French speakers) are preferred. Ability to write to and communicate with individuals and organizations persuasively, courteously, empathetically, concisely and efficiently. An interest or activism in peace, law and global politics is helpful.
RequirementsPlease submit resume, cover letter, short (2-3 pages) writing sample, and list of references to davidgallup(at)worldservice.org.
We prefer that you email your application materials directly to the World Service Authority at davidgallup(at)worldservice.org rather than submitting them through the internships.com portal.
SkillsRequired - Social Media, Public Relations, Fundraising, Communications
Preferred - Advocacy, Legal, International, Citizenship, Global Immigration, Peace, Activism, Geopolitics