Spring Social Media Intern Needed for Menswear CompanyDescendant of Thieves
Social Media Paid InternshipThe Jim Henson Company
Social Media Internship (PAID - Virtual) with Analytics ExperienceWordpress Interns
Social Media SpecialistOutings & Adventures
Social Media & Community Management InternEFA MKTG
Instagram Rockstar & Social Media InternEFA MKTG
Social Media Marketing InternYoung Adult Survival Guide
Social Media InternFreshly
Social Media InternBookmark This
Posted: April 04 2015
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBoutique public relations and media/news publishing company in New York City is looking to hire an intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media websites.
We are currently re-branding our news and PR business, and will soon launch new websites for both service areas. The intern hired for this position will have strong critical thinking skills in order to illustrate and share our vibrant business areas with the world.
He/she will also be hardworking, determined and ready to gain a ton of online experience about the public relations and news publishing industry.
Contact: To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. *Subject line should read: MUIPR “Social Media Intern”.
Responsibilities1. Develop, post and monitor branded content and visuals on other blogs, forums and social networks. Carry out other types of online outreach for the brand, as needed.
2. Develop and manage social media campaigns, and source best in class keywords and hashtags, to increase exposure.
3. Update social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin, and Instagram with new PR content as well as content from the news publication daily.
4. Pitching, developing and establishing new relationships with individuals and brands in social media, specifically those in who wield a lot of influence in the space, including but not limited to bloggers.
5. Updating social media lists and optimizing social media sites frequently.
6. Other assignments as they come up.
Requirements1. Experience with social media and/or managing multiple social media pages.
2.Currently studying or have recently finished studying PR, Marketing, Journalism, Business Administration, Social Media, Communications or similar.
3. Have some experience and/or high affinity for Social Media, PR, Writing, Marketing based on a previous internship or due to own projects (e.g. your own blog or homepage, school experience, etc.).
4. Ability to plan and execute projects independently, goal-orientated, a quick learner and flexible.
5. Strong communication skills, enjoy interacting with different people, a resilient spirit and a willingness to push forward to defy the odds.
6. Must be available for a minimum of 15 hours per week. Well versed in MS Office, especially Word and Excel. Experience with WordPress is a definite plus, but not mandatory.
Interested candidates must be prepared to provide references and/or a sample of their social media and/or writing abilities.