Summer/Fall InternHeartRise Movement
Social Media & Marketing Intern5th Avenue Digital
PAID summer intern opportunity for teens interested in tech/mobile appjuxta labs
Social Media SpecialistSeattle Web Search
Social Media Marketing InternThe Daring English Teacher, Inc.
Social Media Marketing SpecialistOutings & Adventures
Food/Travel Social Media Intern (Virtual Position)NomNom.Com
Fashion Social Media & Marketing InternSRG Fashion
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNBookmark This
north shore animal league americ
16 Lewyt Street
Port Washington, NY
Posted: December 23 2015
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNorth Shore Animal League America is the largest no-kill animal rescue and adoption organization in the world. We are a non-profit organization and since 1944, the League's mission has been saving the lives of pets through adoption, rescue and advocacy initiatives. Every year, the League reaches across the country to rescue, nurture and adopt nearly 18,000 pets into happy and loving homes. Over the years, the League has placed more than 1 million puppies, kittens, cats and dogs into carefully screened homes. The Social Media Intern will work directly with Social Media and Communications team to extend the voice of NSALA through viral outreach. Assist with community management, fan engagement, page and content moderation, and general outreach. The Social Media Intern will be exposed to an exceptional dynamic, mission-oriented environment.
We are seeking a Social Media Intern to work 10 Hours per week during the semester in our Social Media/Marketing Department (Days are flexible).
ResponsibilitiesThe Social Media Intern will work directly with the Social Media team to extend the voice of NSALA through viral outreach. Assist with community management, fan engagement, page and content moderation, and general outreach. The Social Media Intern will be exposed to an exceptional dynamic, mission-oriented environment. The social media intern would be responsible for the following:
• Assisting in writing content for posts
• Assisting with social media and editorial calendar scheduling
• Contributing ideas for social media and PR campaigns, contests, and promotions
• Researching social media influencers on all platforms
• Taking short videos for Vine, Instagram and Snapchat
• Photographing adoptable animals and events, including rescues on-site
• Helping with weekly features such as LongIsland.com and Puppy Tumblr
• Staying current with relevant topics and finding newsworthy content for social media
• Experience in online marketing, content marketing, community development and/or social media management.
• Some knowledge of SEO, email marketing, content marketing and social media marketing principles and processes.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to do so in a concise manner.
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of WordPress CMS, Email Marketing Software (i.e. Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, etc.), CSS and HTML.
• Working towards or recently completed bachelor’s degree in marketing, PR, communications or equivalent.
individual must demonstrate a strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape. Possess skill with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media sites. Skill with YouTube, Google Video and other video posting websites. Knowledge of video editing and digital media software required. Must possess excellent written communication skills with the ability to write succinct, intelligent, creative and fun copy. Must have the ability to interact professionally with coworkers and use good judgment.