YouTube GuruBeloved Streets of America
Social Media SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Social Media InternHolhaus
Spring/Summer Social Media Marketing Needed-- Community OrgOur Community is Our Land
Social Media Strategist (Spring 2017)Be The Flame
Social Media Management InternCMR Ventures, LLC dba Locally Rocks
Social Media MarketingPlantOGram
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNBookmark This
The Social Sitter Foundation
Posted: November 11 2016
Company Location: Tucson, AZ
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionABOUT THE SOCIAL SITTER FOUNDATION
The Social Sitter Foundation 501c(3) gifts My Social Sitter's Educational and Patented Software licenses to children, schools and organizations through donor's financial support (www.mysocialsitter.com). My Social Sitter prevents bullying, helps parents encourage proper behavior and teaches children how to prevent bullying. My Social Sitter software stops bullying with a filter that detects and rejects inappropriate content. The yearly subscription service helps parents prevent their children from publishing regretful Twitter and Text Messaging posts that may compromise future success. My Social Sitter doesn’t just stop negative behavior, but serves as an awareness tool to help improve behavior.
Our nonprofit organization is looking for a Social Media Intern to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge of various social media sites, and will play an active role in the development of My Social Sitter’s online community. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and posting on blogs and social media networks with content that is relevant to our customer base, and participating in online outreach and promotion. He/She will regularly analyze and report on the activity on all our social media platforms. Those looking to gain valuable online experience with a start-up nonprofit organization is encouraged to apply.
• Create an Instagram page and YouTube channel.
• Updates Facebook and Twitter account.
• Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Responds to posts or comments to bring value to users’ interactions with My Social Sitter.
• Posts updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content.
• Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our customer base and posts it to our blog, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages in a manner that invites conversation and interactions.
• Perform cross posting and links to our various social media platforms.
• Grows My Social Sitter online social networks by increasing fan-base and interactions.
• Completes other social media projects as assigned.
• Regularly observes the online activity of model organizations and researches and reports on “social media best practices”.
• Complete other research projects as assigned.
Analytics and Reporting
• Uses Facebook insights to assess trends and activity on The Social Sitter Facebook page.
• Uses Twitter Analytics to assess trends and activity on The Social Sitter Twitter page.
• Uses Instagram Analytics to assess trends and activity on The Social Sitter Instagram page.
• Uses YouTube Analytics to assess and monitor the performance of The Social Sitter channel and videos.
• Reviews data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach.
Requirements• Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft applications and internet browsers.
• In-depth working knowledge of mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
• Available to work 10-15 hours per week
This is part-time internship and we require you to have experience with social media analytics including Twitter, YouTube and Instagram analytics, and Facebook insights. While this internship is unpaid, we will provide Student Learning Credit hours.
Students applying for this internship should be a Marketing/Business or Communication majors with 3 years’ experience on the web, and a solid understanding of youth markets.