Social Media Internship (Winter 2016/Spring 2017)Braathe Enterprises
Social Media Management InternCreative CoLAB
Digital Marketing Strategist (Remote)Geopolitical Intelligence System
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Driven Vision
Internship: Social MediaTrend Prive Magazine
Social Media InternBelle Maison Agency
Youtube GuruH&R Yacht Charters
Social Media Targeting TechH&R Yacht Charters
Social Media Intern—Digital MarketingBookmark This
The Humane Society of the United States
700 Professional Drive
Posted: September 08 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization.
Our mission: Celebrating Animals, Confronting Cruelty.
Are you a Facebook addict? Find yourself checking Instagram nonstop? Love animals too? Join us as a social media intern.
Our Digital Marketing department, recognized as an industry leader in the nonprofit social media community, is looking for an intern to help reach its advocacy, fundraising, and customer service goals while learning about social media technologies and techniques.
We're looking for someone who knows about social networking, but more importantly wants to learn how to crack these sites' potential in getting people involved to help animals. You'll learn about our existing presence on these sites as well as research and implement ways to improve it.
This is a great opportunity to use the skills that you have gained by doing things you do every day for fun (watching videos on YouTube, posting to Instagram, etc.), all while making the difference in the lives of animals. The internship also provides the opportunities to learn best practices in organizational social media communications, strengthen research skills, and attend webinars and presentations related to social media and emerging technologies.
The minimum time commitment is 20 hours per week for 12 weeks. The internship offers a daily commuting stipend of $10.00 for each day the intern commutes to the office, paid on a monthly basis. Additionally, course credit can be arranged.
To apply visit:
Note: You'll be asked to submit a cover letter and résumé with the application.
Responsibilities- Help manage social networking profiles
- Assist in creating weekly reports analyzing activity and engagement on various social platforms
- Expand our network of fans, followers, and supporters online by actively participating on social media sites and in the blogosphere
- Research potential social networking and advertising opportunities and partnerships
- Monitor buzz on animal welfare topics and HSUS mentions online
- Explore and evaluate new technologies
- Assist in campaign reporting using platforms like Google Analytics
- Stay abreast of nonprofit technology and social media trends
- Learn organizational priorities and policies and ensure they are reflected accurately in online correspondence
- Attend and participate in Digital Marketing and Advancement staff meetings, working group meetings, and teambuilding events
RequirementsFamiliarity with social networking sites and technologies
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Word, Excel
Preferred - HTML/CSS