Do you have passion for the Startup life?Paper Airplane Dating
Social Media & Community Management InternCuerpaso
Marketing InternPetals & Roots
Social Media Management InternWinning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Social Media Content InternGroupie inc.
Social Media & Community Management InternVillarreal Fine Jewelers
Social Media & Community Management InternDiane Forster, Inc.
Social Media Internship - NYC Indie Record LabelStyles Upon Styles
Social Media InternshipBookmark This
100 Hano Street #21
Posted: February 18 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionABOUT THE COMPANY:
Waverley Knobs is a Boston-based full-service film/video and visual communication company. Our mission is to create engaging and thought-provoking videos and visual content, within a personal, collaborative process with our clients.
Whether it is for brand awareness or increased audience engagement, we specialize in storyline-driven content that best represents your company.
The office is located in the Boston neighborhood of Allston, and is accessible by public transportation.
This internship is a perfect fit for an intern interested in social media, marketing, communications/PR, small businesses, and/or entrepreneurship.
Waverley Knobs is a hands-on learning environment in which interns will learn how a company creates and implements their social media and marketing strategies.
Interns will obtain knowledge of how to promote two-way communication between a visual media production company, its customers and its audience, a greater understanding of how to leverage social media for marketing and PR purposes, stronger writing and graphic design skills, as well as a variety of completed works for their portfolios. They will learn about setting goals, evaluating existing social media channels, creating, implementing and reporting on social media marketing strategies.
Intern projects will include high-level assignments with direct impact on business results. This is a great opportunity to work with a start-up and learn all aspects of building a business. We promote creativity and self-starters with room for self-designed and led projects.
HOURS AND CREDIT:
The internship is a 3-month long, unpaid position, and may be done for credit and/or portfolio experience. Please check with your academic department about their requirements regarding internships.
Candidates must be able to dedicate at least 12 hours per week, and the internship hours must be between the hours of 10 am – 6:00 pm on Monday – Friday. The internship will start ASAP. This internship is a professional position that needs to be treated as such.
• Create written and visual content for social media sites, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
• Maintain and implement posting schedule
• Interact with users of social media, transforming them into followers of the company’s social media platforms
• Help manage consistency in our branding across digital and print platforms
• Research current social media trends, tools, and an understanding of our markets
• Contribute original content to website, Youtube channel and newsletter (ex. articles on the industry or social media trends)
• Be involved with video creation, events, and other exciting aspects that we can share out to our online market!
• Positive attitude and professionalism
• Willingness to learn and self-motivation
• Resourcefulness and curiosity
• Ability to work independently, while taking direction
• Interest and enthusiasm for creating engaging visual and written content
• Familiarity with top social media platforms
• Some experience with social media marketing
• Some experience with graphic design = a plus!
• Great communication and interpersonal skills
• Sense of humor = a plus!
• Own car = a plus!
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS OF ALL APPLICANTS:
• You are committed to success and will take this opportunity seriously
• You are excited about visual media!
• You are also excited about social media and modern-day marketing trends!
• You will thrive on being at a start-up and take advantage of opportunities given to you during your internship.
• You will have dedicated work that will engage you and empower you for the future; your work has impact!
WHEN YOU APPLY PLEASE INCLUDE:
• A cover letter - Who are you, why this position, and why with this company?
• Your resume
SkillsRequired - Social Media, Highly motivated self-starter, Content Creation, Good communication skills, Positive Attitude, Good Listener
Preferred - Graphic Design, WordPress, B2B Marketing, YouTube, MailChimp