Social Media InternANGLO PACIFIC
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNAPOLLO HOSPITALS
Viral and Social Content WriterCarrs Media
Social MediaFounder Group
Social Midea & Email Marketing InternTea Hee Hee
Digital Marketing + Social Media Intern WantedTrident Coffee
SEO InternOvi Hosting Pvt Ltd (webbazaar)
Social Media Marketing InternBookmark This
Posted: October 28 2015
Company Location: Columbus, OH
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Parapsychological Association is an international professional organization of scientists and scholars engaged in the study of psi (or 'psychic') experiences, such as telepathy, clairvoyance, psychokinesis, psychic healing, and precognition. The primary objective of the PA is to achieve a scientific understanding of these experiences.
First established in 1957, the PA has been an affiliated organization of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) since 1969. The PA is a non-profit, non-adjudicating organization that endorses no ideologies or beliefs other than the value of rigorous scientific and scholarly inquiry.
We are seeking an intern to help us develop our social media presence. We currently have accounts with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube, but feel that we could be doing more with them.
The ideal candidate would have an interest in a scientific study of parapsychology, be enthusiastic about supporting our mission, and have some background in a related academic discipline such as psychology, physics, or anthropology.
The internship can be undertaken remotely, or at our administrative offices in Columbus, Ohio.
Responsibilities- Drafting social media content as it relates to the PA's mission, publications, and fundraising activities
- Gathering engaging and quality industry insights and news items to use as posting content
- Scheduling and coordinating online campaigns
- Help to develop and refine current marketing strategy
Requirements- Working toward Bachelors or Masters degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations
- Able to Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Ability to communicate challenging scientific concepts to the general public using plain language
- Prior coursework in related sciences such as psychology, physics, or anthropology
- Familiarity with Hootsuite
- Experience with fundraising a plus