Social Media & Communication InternAmerican Bars
Flaunt Magazine Social Media InternshipFlaunt Magazine
Communications/Social Media InternThe Police Reform Organizing Project
Social Media and Communications InternshipLaBré
Social Media/ Marketing InternshipVampped
Social Media & Community Engagement - Full / Part TimeA&A Marketing Group
Virtual Social Media AssistantLa Belle Vie Inc
Social Media ManagementTalent Tree Staffing and Promotions
Social Media / Marketing InternBookmark This
Posted: March 05 2015
Company Location: Suwanee, GA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionHomework Central is an after school homework help and tutoring company designed to help students with homework challenges. The Center is located in Suwanee, Georgia. All Homework help is done on site at the center.
We believe that every student deserves the attention and encouragement they need to develop skills for lifelong learning. Our education specialists work one-on-one with each child or in a small group setting of no more than 4 to 5 students to complete and master assignments, and also make recommendations based on each student’s strengths and weaknesses.
We are seeking a Social Media Marketing intern. This job requires 8 to10 hours weekly. The selected candidate will learn the operations of our business and how to make social media a productive part of our overall marketing efforts. This internship is an unpaid position but a small stipend will be decided. This is available for an immediate start.
- Generate and update profiles and pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Write and post blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
- Upload videos and photos to social media pages
- Find users to follow/friend/like our business
- Track the growth and the impact of social media on our business
- Reply to comments, messages, etc.
- Report findings to the team
- Consistently learn and grow
- Utilize social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinate online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Create signage, newsletters, email campaigns, online promotions, etc.
- Provide support to social media efforts to target new audiences.
- Research and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials.
- Be creative with an eye for design
- Possess excellent skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
- Knowledge of video editing software – iMovie, Final Cut, or Windows Live Movie Maker is a plus
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts daily
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Experience proofreading and editing
- Ability to develop a detailed and professional marketing plan
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment
- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Marketing
- Possess knowledge of the use of social media in a business environment. Knowledge on a personal level is acceptable.
- Interns should think strategically and see how social media fits into our business’ marketing strategy by selling to our customers and building long-lasting relationships while delivering value to them.
SkillsRequired - Excellent communication skills
Preferred - Social Media Advertising