Social Media, and Marketing AssistantNew BLK Wall Street
PUBLIC RELATIONS / ADVERTISING AND SALESSynergy Management
Sports Advertising Account ExecutiveCPG Seattle
Social Media & Community Management InternACADIA HEALTH CARE
Social Media and Event CoordinatorGlobal Art & Design Project
Graphic Design & Social Media InternBenjamin Apartments LLC
Social Media InternBloggazWithAttitude.com (Online Blog Magazine)
Social Media StrategistBookmark This
Stray Cat Alliance
Posted: February 16 2015
Company Location: Los Angeles, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLove everything CATS on social media? Want to be a part of the Cat Craze and save cats' lives with your social media savvy? Then maybe StrayCatAlliance.org is the nonprofit for you! Hone your internet skills, develop social media strategies, expand your knowledge of fundraising on platforms like Facebook and Twitter and also have the creative license to create memes galore while helping the west coast's top cat advocacy and rescue organization go national. As you become entrenched in the mission and vision of SCA and see how your work is ACTUALLY SAVING LIVES, you may find yourself wanting to stay beyond your internship. We are seeking someone who is crazy for cats and social media...and if only social media, then you will surely fall head over heels for cats.
We have experience in reaching out to the masses globally and finding homes for cats across the nation. We are currently at almost 79,000 likes on Facebook with so much potential to grow. The same with Twitter and Instagram. We have so many cats, causes and stories to tell...and that's where you come in. Help us tell the story of how precious every cat's life is. Also, help us take on vitally important advocacy issues where it's life or death for both cats and their caregivers. It's serious business, fast paced, fun and very rewarding. We know the right person can unlock a huge world for SCA and the cats we serve. We are very unique as our Likes on Facebook actually do convert to major fundraising for cats with all kinds of injuries and illnesses. We need strategies and planning to get our message out clearly and efficiently as we are growing so quickly and don't want to miss opportunities on social media. As the younger generation are whizzes on social media platforms, this internship allows you to take a leadership role at the table with the President, Director of Development and Adoptions team – all a really devoted and wonderful group..
Responsibilities- Monitor and engage on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn (and any other appropriate and developing social media streams) daily (including weekends) and post future feeds via HootSuite or other timed media applications. Work with team to determine effective calendaring of posts and also be able to quickly shift when urgent matters occur.
- Lead our brand building activities across social media platforms.
- Ensure consistency of message across multiple social channels.
- Create and manage weekly (including weekends) posts on all our streams.
- Engage and excite our customer base incorporating organization produced video and photos.
- Generate relevant content relating to our products and mission.
- Monitor competitors and report on activity and trends.
- Actively build our followers, and engage with influential bloggers and companies that sell products that may support nonprofits.
- Build brand enthusiasm, create contests/giveaways, place ads as directed and review analytics and provide reports on successes and implement strategies and ways to improve.
- Follow and list appropriate people on all platforms (groups we are in align with or find effective will be provided, but your input is desired to increase exposure)
- Work with videographer, staff and volunteers with videos that need to be posted. It’s a plus if you can assist in posting videos on YouTube.
- Working with graphics support (unless you have the appropriate skills) to update social media banners and photos, as needed.
- You are welcome to create appropriate and fun cat memes and post entertaining photos and videos (outside and self produced by SCA) to relieve pressure from the grind of day-to-day rescue efforts.
- Implement an overall strategic plan for gaining new people on all social media and help SCA utilize its time and advertising dollars wisely.
Report directly to Director of Development for general messaging, but also work with Director of Operations who oversees Adoptions, urgent matters such as medical funds for injured/ill cats, fosters for "red-listed" cats being pulled at shelters. You will also be working with the Executive Director on some occasions.
RequirementsIN YOUR LETTER, PLEASE STRESS YOUR SPECIFIC SOCIAL MEDIA SKILLS AND HOW YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL BE AN ASSET TO BROADENING THE SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORK FOR STRAY CAT ALLIANCE.
- YOUR LOVE OF CATS AND HOW YOU CAN EXPRESS THAT IN SOCIAL MEDIA.
- Los Angeles based candidate needed to be a part of the fiber of the organization attending events, etc.
- Candidate must have strong organizational skills, excellent writing skills, as well as phone and email etiquette. Ideal candidate will be proactive, have familiarity with social web applications (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube, etc). Internship will be accompanied by a stipend. College credit allowed, intern to contact professor for credit arrangements.
- Opportunity for permanent part-time placement
1) You ROCK on social media chatter to excite and inspire followers to engage, donate and network Stray Cat Alliance.
2) College 2+ years with focus on social media as future career
SkillsRequired - Social Media, Social Media Communications, Social Media Education, Article Writing, English
Preferred - Social Media Advertising, Social Media Blogging, English & Spanish languages