Social Media & Community Management InternFaith Joyner Counseling & Consulting, LLC
Social Media & Community Management InternRed Oak Foods
Social Media InternshipBumpn
Digital Marketing InternLegacy Window and Door
Social media Intern for Music/Game AppVMGROUPE
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNF. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
Social Media & Community Management InternE-CHIXX, LLC
Digital / Social Media Internship- Spring and/or Summer 2017Bookmark This
National Sleep Foundation
1010 N Glebe Rd.
Posted: August 21 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe National Sleep Foundation (NSF) seeks student interns on an ongoing basis for its Publishing department which includes work areas in online and print publishing, digital content and digital media. NSF is dedicated to education and promotion of sleep health and safety. It’s a great time for young digital lovers to join our team; we’re fresh from an exciting web launch , amping up our social media efforts, working on tons of exciting partnerships, and creating new content on a daily basis.
Efforts are made to tailor the internship to your skills and interests. During your internship, you will have one or more whole projects that you will complete. Possible tasks and/or responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Writing and editing content for the websites Sleep.org, SleepFoundation.org and our associated social media handles
• Optimizing content through best-in-class SEO techniques
• Assisting with ongoing web and publishing projects, such as work on our journal Sleep Health.
• Utilizing analytics data to assess performance, determine content needs and gaps, and research potential new properties
• Assisting with the organization’s targeted media outreach and blogger engagement strategy
• Undergraduate or graduate student majoring in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Computer Science or related field. Recent grads are also accepted.
• Excellent digital and print writer and editor
• Experience and understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram
• Working knowledge of WordPress and Drupal a plus, but not required
• Enthusiasm and Ambition: As an important part of our team, you'll learn a lot and work hard while doing it. You should have the ability to quickly learn and master new tools, and take ownership of tasks and projects
• Strong people skills and teamwork: Our small team supports each other every day, so you’ll need to be able to collaborate and communicate effectively
• Attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven team environment, but also work independently
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Internships are unpaid, but college credit is available. Perks include a transportation stipend or parking reimbursement, fruit and granola office service and a collaborative environment. Hours can be flexible but students must commit to a set schedule. Typical interns work between 16 and 37.5 hours a week at our office in Arlington, VA, located on the orange/silver lines of the metro.
1. Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
2. Include “Digital / Social Media Internship- [SEMESTER] 2017” in the subject line.
3. Indicate in your cover letter your desired schedule and hours you’d prefer to work.