Social Media & Community Management InternDependable Internet Solutions & Knowledge, LLC
Social Media Manager for Grassroots OrganizationNYAToday
Fashion Social Media InternKlickpicks
Winter 2016 - Brand Ambassador Program [Bloomington, IN]Snappening
Winter 2016 - Brand Ambassador Program [Cincinnati, OH]Snappening
Winter 2016 - Brand Ambassador Program [Indianapolis, IN]Snappening
Winter 2016 - Social Media Internship [Austin, TX]Snappening
Social Media InternNova Medical Centers
Web Design and Social Media InternBookmark This
The Salvation Army National Capital Area
2626 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Posted: August 09 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUnder direct management of the Marketing and Communications Manager, this intern will assist The Salvation Army National Capital Area Command with a complete overhaul of our website system, using new an innovative technology. The intern will assist in all stages of the updating, including social media, interviews and stakeholder stories, and physically checking various webpages to ensure the transfer of data is accurate and easy-to-use. This new position promises to utilize and develop new skills for any intern. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. Minimum: 15 hours/week for 3 months.
ResponsibilitiesBelow identifies the essential responsibilities of the position, but is not exclusive:
• Assist in developing best techniques to strategically transfer a large and detailed website to a new, existing platform.
• Roll out new website in a way conducive for current users to become more engaged.
• Use social media and our holiday giving season to effectively draw in and retain new visitors to our website with the goal of growing our email listserv.
• Draft “impact stories” featuring a Salvation Army client, staff member or volunteer to publish on the Area Command website.
• Support and learn from our veteran Marketing and Communications Manager
Requirements• Completed or working towards a college degree, at least third year status, preferably in a related field (e.g., New Media, Web Design, Marketing, Communications or Public Relations).
• Computer literate with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to prepare professional promotional materials.
• Firm grasp of social media trends and ability to create social media content.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple detail-oriented projects.
• Comfortable performing general clerical work including letter writing, filing, faxing, copying, answering phones, responding to emails, etc.
• Ability to project a professional and positive image of The Salvation Army