Applications ProgrammerBookmark This
Reality Technology, Inc.
2444 Washington Street, Suite 215 (Downtown Area)
DescriptionDesigns and develops computer program that automate specific business processes by performing the following duties as listed in responsibilities section.
Responsibilities1. Consult with Reality Technology clients to analyze and understand functions to be automated, client needs, objectives, desired features, and input and output requirements.
2. Analyzes, defines, and documents system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
3. Writes and maintains functional and technical specifications.
4. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost time, compatibility with other systems, and computer capabilities.
5. Develops and maintains plan outlining steps and time tables for developing, testing, and installing applications.
6. Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
7. Converts designs and specifications into computer code.
8. Designs and codes screen layout, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
9. Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process.
10. Create test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm program meets specifications.
11. Analyzes code yo find cause of errors and revise programs.
12. Consults with client to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to attain client approval.
13. Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
14. Write documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
15. Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with program.
16. Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
17. Other related duties as assigned.
RequirementsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some travel required.
1. Must currently be a student pursuing a degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent combination of qualifying education and technology experience. Minimum of two years' of programming courses completed.
2. Must have excellent math skills.
3. Must possess strong analytical thinking and problem solving abilities.
4. Must possess a working knowledge of Java, VB.net, or Visual Basic.
5. Develop and maintain effective relationship with clients.
6 The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
7. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.