Co-Founder & Software Engineer, Innovative Security SystemsBookmark This
DescriptionUS Dynamics (www.usdynamics.com) is a technology commercialization company, which has partnered with Ensign-Bickford Industries to launch a new security-related technology.
The company has developed a novel configuration of existing off-the-shelf electronic surveillance hardware to support a new market application. We are looking for a talented student in computer science, well versed in system integration and user interface design (on both web and mobile platforms) to assist with system integration and testing.
The company has just been formed, and this intern will play a critical role in the company's early development. There is the potential for the right intern to share in some of the company's equity upside.
ResponsibilitiesThe role of this intern is to drive the software development and integration of electronic surveillance systems.
This is product development at its earliest, and there’s no simple job description. You will be expected to help in whatever capacity is required, which may include:
• Market research (online, analytical and through customer interviews & observations)
• Product design and development (Elecro-mechanical design, development and test, software engineering, user interfaces, testing and integration)
• Research, preparation and filing of intellectual property filings (patents, trademarks, etc.)
This is a very lean operation, with only a handful of people involved, mostly on a part-time basis as we start up this new firm. So this full time role will play a key role in starting up this business, but will be supported by an extremely experienced team of veteran engineers and entrepreneurs.
RequirementsCandidate must bring exceptional focus, creativity and tenacity to their efforts, and should have demonstrated those skills in other capacities. Students must have appropriate technical experience and an entrepreneurial inclination.
Students with both solid work experience (in any role) and good grades are preferred, and students must bring solid references for prior work (both academic and professional).
The ideal candidate will have several of the following demonstrated characteristics:
* Self starter, with the ability to independently set direction and execute
* Strong track record of academic and professional experience (this is not an appropriate first internship)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Prior experience with challenging system integration, ideally with vision systems
* Ability to work at least 2-3 days/week at an office we're planning to establish in Boston
* Car and a willingness to travel to MA, NH and/or Maine 1-2 days/week (though much of work can be conducted with a phone and a PC)
Specific Skills of Interest
• Electromechanical systems integration
• Vision systems experience
• Security systems experience
• Software development