Fall Semester Research & Development InternshipBookmark This
New York, NY
DescriptionArkadium, a leading game developer in NYC, is looking for an exceptional individual to join the Research and Development team. The ideal candidate is a motivated, creative and dynamic person looking to gain industry experience.
In order to be eligible for consideration, all candidates must be currently enrolled students, receiving school credit for the internship and be a U.S. citizen.
In addition to this unique internship opportunity, we offer:
• A Metro Card and/or commuting reimbursements.
• This is an unpaid Internship, but we offer an opportunity to earn a performance-based bonus.
• A unique culture of fun, teamwork and did we mention, FUN!
• A hands-on opportunity to make an impact on Arkadium’s growth.
• A beautiful studio located in Silicon Alley, just blocks away from Union Square, Madison Square Park and so much more!
• We must see samples of your work - please include a link to your portfolio!
Check out Facebook.com/ArkadiumInsideAccess for the inside scoop on what it's like to work at our office!
Apply via our website: http://www.arkadium.com/company/internships. Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.
Responsibilities• Work with Arkadium’s Research and Development team making quick playable prototypes
• Assist in the design and development of prototypes
• Talk with people about game ideas and suggest solutions or improvements in design
• Work in a fast-past environment and try your hand at implementing or creating game art, paper prototyping, and programming
• Participate in brainstorms and come up with your own game ideas
• Learn rapid prototype development from people with years of industry experience
• Learn about analytics and play testing, and how to collect and analyze feedback
• Gain a better knowledge and understanding of the Gaming Industry
• Participate in/help out with miscellaneous/ad-hoc tasks
RequirementsOur Ideal Candidate:
• Has excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills
• Loves dissecting games as much as they love playing them
• Likes all aspects of game development and can wear many hats
• Has experience working on prototypes or game jams with small teams and time constraints
• Has experience working with Flash or Unity and XML
• Is comfortable working with design programs, including Photoshop and/or Flash
• Is confident in contributing game ideas