Junior .Net Software DeveloperBookmark This
800 East Broward Boulevard, Suite 510
Fort Lauderdale, FL
DescriptionJunior .NET Software Developer
The world’s leading software provider for the magazine and newspaper industry is looking for a junior software developer to develop media industry web based applications using the latest technologies from Microsoft. The developer is primarily responsible for providing development, enhancement, troubleshooting and maintenance for software applications. Main company software products are fully integrated (contact, circulation, distribution, accounting, pagination and digital on-line magazine) management systems for the media industry. Experience with database application service providers, contact management software and internet IT solutions is valued.
This is an excellent opportunity to be on a product development team where you will help design, create and implement code that is used in both the print and digital publishing industry in the United States and abroad. You will be an essential member of an agile team working closely together to use VB.net, ASP.net and SQL to create fast, secure, scalable high quality solutions to meet the demands of the world’s publishing industry as it continues to transition to internet based management systems. Our work environment requires delivering quality work on multiple projects. Ability to communicate effectively and working well in a team environment are traits that will make you successful in this position.
Company is based in sunny Fort Lauderdale, Florida, is highly profitable and part of a larger media company that has been in business for 40 years. Compensation package is based on ACADEMIC AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS. Experience gained during hands on internships while in college will be taken into consideration. Company offers superb work environment, reasonable hours and a highly motivated work force with high morale and great enthusiasm for its product.
• Bachelor of Science (or working towards a Bachelor of Science) degree in Computer Technology/Software Development/Software Engineering. With a major or concentration in software development.
• Copy of Transcript must be provided in application response.
• GPA of 3.4 or higher.
o Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5/4.0
o Microsoft ASP.NET
o Microsoft SQL Server
o Transact SQL
Note: References for internships or work experience required to be provided.
• Must be able to work in a time-critical environment
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Work well independently and within a team environment
• Planning, designing and developing new feature functionality for customers using Documented design specifications
• Identifying, troubleshooting and debugging design defects in code developed