Quality Assurance InternBookmark This
8280 Greensboro Dr
DescriptionAbout iMapData Inc.:
iMapData Inc. is a consulting firm specializing in customized geospatially based decision support solutions for public and private sectors. Our web-based application capitalizes on the company’s data and analytical expertise. Our user friendly tools enable non-analysts and individuals without the technical expertise to quickly derive actionable conclusions from complex data sets. We are experts at identifying the data sets that are most relevant to client needs, and integrating them into powerful web-based solutions that deliver meaningful results.
We are an expanding small company in the rapidly growing data visualization field. We seek creative and hardworking interns who are willing to learn. As an intern at iMapData, you will be able to gain exposure to various aspects of the company. This is a great opportunity for current students or recent graduates looking to gain professional experience and contribute their expertise and ideas to help our company grow.
For more information, please visit www.imapdata.com.
iMapData is seeking a Quality Assurance Intern to help validate data and iMapData applications under the guidance from the Senior QA person.
Specifically, the individual will:
• Be expected to learn SQL well enough to eventually understand the queries and the underlying data.
• Be expected to learn and follow the QA process.
• Be expected to learn the iMapData applications well enough to follow instructions on what/how to verify the functionality.
• Communicate with developers, researchers and GIS analysts on product issues
Responsibilities1. Intern will become proficient in SQL and iMapData database standards
2. Intern will learn the QA process and testing procedures in a small technology company
3. Intern will be exposed to custom applications, data, and projects for clients
4. Intern will establish professional contacts by communicating daily with developers, GIS analysts, and researchers.