Software Developer/EngineerBookmark This
Posted: 664 days ago
DescriptionKitchology is an early stage startup headquartered at the Germantown Innovation Center MD developing a Mobile Food 2.0 application.
Kitchology provides intelligent personalized ingredient substitutions to allow consumers to modify any recipe on the web to fit their nutritional goals, budget, and schedule and to use what is on-hand or locally available. Kitchology captures deep consumer behavior surrounding the navigation of food decisions. Kitchology mission is to simplify the navigation of daily food activities for the 78M families managing special diets that use smartphones or the web on a regular basis. Each year, these families spend 160 hours shopping and 780 hours cooking 600 home meals. They spend collectively $830B on food.
ResponsibilitiesInterns will be performing some of the following tasks (based on their skills):
o Plans, designs, and develops new feature functionality for our databases, and platforms.
o Writes code that contains logical and mathematical solutions to functional requirements.
o Identifies, troubleshoots and debugs defects.
o Works with the team to design, develop, and document data integration methods.
o Is team-oriented, all-hands-on-deck attitude to achieve company goals.
RequirementsSkills and attributes interns we are looking for are:
• Java experience (Enterprise Edition) is the most welcomed of skills.
• Python experience is welcomed for implementation key machine learning schemas.
• PHP is welcomed for social networking tools
• CSS/HTML is also welcomed
• Database architecture, ER Diagram and schema design experience (MySQL our favorite).
• ODBC a major plus
• Experience with RESTful API creation and integration.
• Ability to deal with uncertainty.
• Be fun or able to cope with fun people.
• Ability to contribute individually and participate in cross-functional teams.
Interns can work from our office at the Germantown Innovation Center on the Germantown MCCC campus or remotely. We have the needs for front-end, User Interface, Back-End and Database Administrators. Appreciation for food is a plus! If you know how to code, like to break things during testing and food you want to talk to you.