Software Engineer InternBookmark This
Perceptive Software, a division of Lexmark, International, builds technology that gives organizations visibility to and control over all of the processes and data they need to work smarter, within the context of their enterprise software applications. We combine a practical knowledge of the customers business and the right mix of technology, with the most relevant best practices to deliver complete solutions that tackle todays biggest organizational challengesfinancial performance, managing risk and adapting to the future. As one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, Perceptive is always looking for talented professionals with the focus and the drive to go farther.
Perceptive Software Engineering Internship position is designed to introduce the college student to a real-life software-engineering role. The intern will work alongside an experienced software engineer on ongoing projects related to basic design, development, and new product launch functions at Perceptive. The goal of the internship is to provide the intern with hands on learning.
- Design and build software components.
- Participate in Design and Code Reviews.
- Perform unit testing on own work and the work of others.
- Follow and enhance existing development processes.
- Measure and verify that new and old code has acceptable performance and scalability.
- Work with other engineers, developers, architects, QA, and system engineers in solving new and existing technical issues.
- Consistently meet project deadlines.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university on a full-time basis seeking a degree in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
- Preference will be given to Junior/Senior Applicants.
- Solid understanding of C, C++, Java Object Oriented Design Methodology, and complex data structures.
- Strong creative skills.
- Strong initiative.
- Strong analytical skills and effective problem solving ability.
- Software development and de-bugging skills.
- Ability to research technical issues and generate creative/innovative solutions.