Software Engineer Intern/Co-op - Mobile Development ** APPLY TO: WWW.ASA.ORG/CAREERS **Bookmark This
American Student Assistance
100 Cambridge Street
Description** APPLY TO: WWW.ASA.ORG/CAREERS **
The Software Engineer Co-op is a highly motivated professional software developer with a focus on .Net and web based technologies. This engineer provides the technical horsepower and solution orientation that drives engineering projects forward. The Software Engineer Co-op brings a track record of working within teams delivering software, following through from conception to deployment, and is focused on delivering high quality products as they relate to the engineering portion of assigned projects.
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (e.g., in order to be considered to perform this position, the person must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities listed below):
1. Building out infrastructure and new integration infrastructure.
2. Responsible for contributing to the design and development of all layers of the web and mobile applications assigned to the team
4. Involved in the review of all project efforts and ensures completeness of detailed design and documentation.
5. Collaborate with the project team to identify, suggest, and improve engineering processes within the department and insure adherence through each area.
6. All other duties as assigned. Provide ongoing suggestions for improvement and innovation within the department.
7. Expected to offer collaborative support of all areas.
8. Responsible for contributing to the modification of the software development lifecycle for Agile/Scrum development process.
9. Expected to contribute to creative solutions to issues and features as they arise
10.Act as a creative collaborator for other software engineers working within his/her specific technology sector.
It is the responsibility of each associate at ASA to keep current with and apply all relevant company policies, regulations and laws impacting his/her area. This includes following standard operating procedures and complying with data privacy. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function listed above satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made in certain circumstances to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience. Additional advanced engineering or computer science study preferred.
2. Experience in SQL/T-SQL.
3. Experience in development using open source tools.
4. Experience in Object-Oriented programming techniques, Software Development Lifecycles, Microsoft-Based IDE, Design Document Creation, Unit Test Techniques, Distributed Software Techniques, Debugging/Analytical Techniques, and Test Driven Development.
5. Familiarity in Aspect-Oriented Programming, Inversion of Control Techniques and Dependency Injection (Spring.Net).
6. Experience in Web Based application design and software architecture.
7. Java experience a plus.
8. Knowledge of: Source Code Control processes, MS SQL Server, Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Integration a plus.
1. Working knowledge of code review, software design, and Microsoft technologies.
2. Possess sound, methodical engineering judgment.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Able to work within a collaborative team and be self-motivated.
While the above is a description of the essential functions of the position, other duties, both related and unrelated to the above, may be assigned and therefore required. Unless otherwise specified in writing by ASA management, each associate is expected to perform his/her job at ASA headquarters at 100 Cambridge Street. All job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management, and every effort will be made, when possible, to communicate those changes to the associate.