Software Engineer/DeveloperBookmark This
San Francisco, CA
Descriptiondigmybrand is an early-stage, bootstrapped start-up on a mission to revolutionize hiring and performance management. We are building a "Feedback-ranking" platform that discovers intelligent signals out of noisy data sourced through social networks. Our first application is to improve human capital management decision-making: hiring, performance management, career development and make those decisions more data-driven and make the data visually impactful.
We are looking for you: a rock-star coder who is eager to expand his knowledge in a diverse set of technologies and knowledge areas (from nosql databases to machine-learning algorithms, from AWS management to data-mining), make contacts and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, start-up environment, someone who will grow with our start-up and with the good performance, turn into one of the early full-time hires at our start-up.
ResponsibilitiesYour day-to-day responsibilities will involve working one or more projects to learn:
• 3rd-party APIs relating to social network APIs (Facebook Graph, Linkedin, Google Plus, Google Apps etc.) or Analytics APIs (Google Analytics).
• about integrating interesting django modules that extend or improve existing functionality.
• Various testing frameworks (Selenium/Nose) to make the application more robust.
RequirementsWe want you on our team because …
• You either have a formal degree in software engineering or computer science or are working towards one.
• You have previously coded and delivered on a web-based project.
• You are familiar with or are willing to learn third-party APIs such as social network APIs (Facebook Graph API, Linkedin API, Google APIs) and Analytics API (Google Analytics).
• You are excited about and recognize the potential of social media, mobile and web.
• You are analytical, intellectually curious and value a superlative user experience.
• You are excited by working in a start-up environment and thrive in a fast, fun, collegial atmosphere.
At digmybrand, it is important to use our own product and improve it in that wake. To help us get to know you better, we suggest that you create a profile on digmybrand.com. We recommend that you get reviews from at least 5 people -- these could be your colleagues, classmates, professors, supervisors or even your friends. Include your skills, values and personality on the profile to showcase your personal brand and how you would make a rockstar at digmybrand. Include the profile link in the response along with your CV and cover letter.