Software Engineering InternBookmark This
1655 26th St
Santa Monica, CA
DescriptionDemand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media – how it’s created, consumed and shared!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create for the world. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.
We’re looking for ambitious, driven, self-starters who want to be on the leading edge of innovation in online media and technology.
Responsibilities• Passion to develop and learn how systems are built and deployed.
• Openness to all areas of development and collaboration.
• Excited by team based collaborative development including peer review, unit test and test driven development.
• Experience with one of Python, Java, C++, C, Linux helpful
• Projects outside of school a big plus.
RequirementsWe are seeking motivated intern engineers to work closely with our experienced crew. You will be shadowing top engineers picking up key development tasks in a larger architecture. Your work will hit production and you will learn the ropes. Our systems are large scale, high volume, decoupled, message based using the latest techniques. There are many areas to contribute from one off algorithm implementations to key core system development contributions. Your future career decisions will be much better informed by this real world experience.
We are big enough to have volume and small enough that as an intern you will have insight into all areas of our development.
• Work closely with your engineering mentor pickup up work assignments.
• Apply your academic knowledge to practical problems.
• Be curious to work on any and all areas of the system, everything is an opportunity to learn.