Software Development Intern - Denver, COBookmark This
1422 Delgany Street
We power the people who build great companies.
For more than a decade, K2 has been helping customers rapidly transform their companies with applications that connect the right people to the right information and work.
With offices and distributors all over the globe and a powerful partner network, more than a million users in 40 countries rely on K2 to streamline operations, save money and reduce risk.
We're a group as diverse as our customers — with people and personalities that span maps, cultures, languages and interests.
We work hard — and we play hard — and we hope our passion comes through in the products we deliver. We believe in our products and in constant innovation, and we are dedicated to the success of our customers.
People use our software to build and run business applications including forms, workflow, data and reports. They use it to change perceptions and change companies.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, vibrant software graduate with a passion for technology and creative problem solving. This is an entry level learner position with endless opportunity to grow technically, enjoy the excitement of resolving complex issues and learn from the best in the industry.
You will learn to configure integration points with other technologies like SQL and SharePoint, setup authentication channels, resolve technical issues with business solutions and many more. You will get exposure to infrastructure, design, deployment and development scenarios.
The K2 Software Internship Program is designed to provide each candidate with the correct tools, skills and experience to start a career in one of K2’s world class technical teams. These teams include technical product support, technical solution consulting, technical training and product development.
The program covers a broad range, from product specific training to learning how to deal with situations and people, to hands-on system, product and technical support experience.
K2 employees work in a dynamic and collaborative environment where their energy, passion and innovation are not only valued, but expected. You’ll love the technology-focused, flexible, creative and fun atmosphere K2’s culture provides.
• Each candidate will be presented with set goals and objectives to obtain throughout this program
• Deliver technical product support on K2’s suite of software products.
• Support K2 customers with design, development, infrastructure and maintenance related queries and issues.
• Troubleshoot multiple scenarios on the latest K2 products and across multiple systems and integration points.
• Interact and communicate with many diverse levels of IT specialists across a vast range of products and platforms.
• Interact with customers indirectly via an issue tracking system and directly via phone and web conferencing.
• Ensure customer expectations of product and service are satisfied through technical assistance.
• Escalate technical matters to higher level support where needed.
• Complete target based educational goals and present findings on regular intervals.
• Share technical knowledge and expertise with your team through knowledge base articles and white papers.
• Interact with the K2 technical community through technical online forum.
• Innovate and share ideas on improvement across all facets of the business, from the product to operations systems to team improvements.
• Addition to the above mentioned duties, this program has specific milestones associated with it. Each milestone has specific tasks, challenges and training events that have to be completed. Some tasks should be performed in parallel with other tasks in order to complete all tasks on time. Additional information on each milestone and associated tasks can be acquired on request
Requirements• Candidate must be a USA permanent resident
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical software development degree.
• Recent MCPD, MCSD certifications
• Enthusiasm for solving interesting and complex problems and a willingness to take on new product features.
• A passion for customer service.
• A fast learner with a keen eye for complex systems and models.
• An independent self-starter that is self-motivated and dedicated to success.
• The ability to understand the flow of data through multiple systems.
• Strong communication skills and detail-oriented.
• Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Flexibility to change direction and focus based on the needs of the department of business goals.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• A passion for technology.
• Understanding of workflow systems and their application to customer business process improvement.
• Experience or training in any K2 product.
• Experience in one of the following are beneficial:
o Infrastructure - Active Directory, load balancing or packet capture analysis.
o Microsoft Debugging Tools - memory dump analysis, InfoPath development or development language C #.
o MCTS certified or experience in one or more of the following:
? SharePoint 2013
? Microsoft SQL Server 2012
? Microsoft Server 2012 domain administration.