Web Programmer/Specialist for Boutique E commerce SiteBookmark This
DescriptionIf you love women's fashion and have a minimalist, modern design sensibility, than this is the perfect internship for you!
parallelportland.com is looking for that special someone who is driven, positive and a quick learner who can be a contributor to our small team of other top performers. Candidate must be an energetic, self-motivated problem solver who works well in a team environment with excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to work in a small open-office environment and enjoy working on a variety of projects simultaneously is required.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications and experience:
• Solid experience creating front-end code
• Knowledge of SQL
• Deep understanding of cross-browser development
• Familiarity with other languages is a plus (JSP, Actionscript/Flash, PHP, Ruby on Rails, etc.)
• Knowledge with Subversion or other version control systems.
• Experience working with MVC frameworks is a plus
• Knowledge of photography is a plus
• Previous e commerce experience is a plus
The successful applicant will be responsible for a variety of projects ranging from private intranet web applications to large scale, public facing Internet sites; including front-end web development and back-end CGI programming.
Being present at photo shoots may be required. You will be handed the images to use and upload onto the website. Access into our e commerce will be granted. Changing front page out frequently and creating graphics for marketing use will be required.
Interested parties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on us, please visit www.parallelportland.com