Software Engineer/Software DeveloperAxon Infotech Ltd.
Web DeveloperCenterPoint Energy
Software Engineer/Software DeveloperReliance Capital Limited
Software EngineerLeedEnergy Plc.
Software Engineering / Computer Science InternANGLO PACIFIC
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING / COMPUTER SCIENCE INTERNAlberta Health Services (AHS)
data entryArmstrong World Industries, Inc
Software Design InternUrLoop
Natural Language Processing Internship – search engine (unpaid)Bookmark This
Posted: July 20 2016
Company Location: Belmont, MA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJoin our development team as an intern working on our content parsing and retrieval technologies, and learn how to design, implement, test, ship, and complex features and backend infrastructure for a high-performant and high-scalable website.
We are building a search engine for all things local, allowing users to find anything that is local – such as music concerts, plays and performances, restaurants, bars, and other venues, local deals, service providers, courses, community activities, events, yard sales, or anything else. If it can be displayed on a map, our engine can help you find it.
Responsibilities• Research, prototype, and propose solutions to technical problems
• Implement natural language parsing capabilities (e.g. Natural Language Toolkit,)
• Implement website crawlers (e.g. with Scrapy)
• Design complex solutions in Python
• Be able to devote 10 to 15 hours per week
• Can learn quickly through independent research and in-person coaching
• Can accept feedback and effectively make necessary adjustments
• Have a strong drive for results and completing your work on time and with high quality
• Communicate well in English – both in writing and verbally
• Bring positive energy and works well with others
• Have strong work ethics
• Able to work independently remotely (we work remotely and communicate daily over email/Skype/phone, with in-person meetings as needed)
• Have strong coding and design skills (equivalent to 3rd or 4rd year CS)
• Have practical experience building natural language processing solutions and extracting information from textual content
• Experience with web scraping and crawling tools and technologies
• Experience with Python is a huge plus