data entryMCI, Inc
Performance AnalystAlamedatech Solutions LLC
SOFTWARE INTERN NEEDED FOR Imaging, optics, physics, computer science.LUX DENTAL
Real estate Company looking for interns - all majors - Spring, Summer, and Fall semesterReal Estate
Inside Sales Representative (in our Kiev office)bpm`online
data entryEnterasys Networks
Data EntryAtmos energy
Zappos Software Engineering College Intern - Summer 2015Bookmark This
400 E. Stewart Avenue
Las Vegas, NV
Posted: January 19 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionZappos.com, Inc. is looking for a Software Engineering College Intern!
Why join us? Our unique culture has made Zappos.com, Inc. and its subsidiaries one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For six years straight. Find out why: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/best-companies
Pursue growth and learning is one of our core values, and there will be no shortage of growth or learning in this nine week summer internship! You’ll get hands-on experience in a team-oriented environment and have some fun along the way.
Want more? Summer interns may qualify for corporate housing assistance, free food and drinks on our campus, social events throughout the internship, and a 40 percent off discount on zappos.com!
Who are we?
Our team builds, integrates, and maintains all the systems to support a 1,600-person company including the website, order management, and customer service systems. We can do this because each person on our team has the power to make things happen. We have built most of our systems on open-source technology.
Team fun fact:
Our team enjoys fitness activities and features an amateur MMA fighter.
Zappos.com, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace.
ResponsibilitiesWhat will you do?
As a software engineering intern for our team, you'll get to assist on some pretty cool projects. You'll work on your Java skills, collaborate with seasoned developers, and learn all about our back-end systems.
RequirementsAre you a match?
• You have a desire to make work fun and enjoyable (this is first on the list for a reason).
• Computer science or engineering major, or if you just have a strong passion and knowledge of crafting great software, we are OK with that too!
• Experience programming in Java or other programming languages (Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.).
• Ability to dig in and learn new technologies/frameworks/libraries/etc. (you'll learn a lot!)
• Knowledge of SQL and databases.
• Experience with web services.
• Experience with the Linux operating system.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation.
• Organized, detail oriented, and ability to multitask.
• Normal working business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Must be willing to relocate to Las Vegas, NV for the summer of 2015 (did we mention we have some sweet housing lined up?!).