Intern Contributor/Basketball Writer (Analytics)The Committed Generation
Sport Management (High Performance) InternUSA Taekwondo
Development InternTexas Sky Riders Basketball Association
Business Development and Travel InternTexas Sky Riders Basketball Association
Corporate Sponsorship InternTexas Sky Riders Basketball Association
Sports League DirectorBookmark This
National Youth Sports West Houston
6560 Greatwood Parkway, Suite 1200
Sugar Land, TX
DescriptionNational Youth Sports is a non-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen the individual, the family and the community through the participation in youth sports. We provide a positive experience in the most popular team sports: flag football, soccer, basketball, t-ball, volleyball, 8 man tackle football and 11 man tackle football for kids ages 3 – 16.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, passionate, and energetic students with exceptional skills to take initiative on a range of projects. Candidates must have the desire to see a ground floor organization grow and prosper.
Interns will be compensated when attending NYS league events such as registration nights, parent/team meetings and Saturday games. This position could lead to a league ownership opportunity after successful completion of internship.
With recent expansions we are looking to open up 5 new markets in 2013. We have positions in Sugar Land, Katy, Missouri City, Cypress, The Woodlands, Missouri City and Pearland area. This is an outstanding leadership opportunity in an emerging and innovative sports league.
ResponsibilitiesDuties include, but are not limited to:
• Setting up and breaking down game fields for Saturday games
• Assist officials and coaches during games
• Creating and implementing social media campaigns
• Building and managing relationships with potential new venues and partners
• Distributing marketing materials to local schools, day cares and businesses
• Attending league events
• Reporting weekly to League Director
RequirementsCandidates must meet following requirements:
• Pursuing a degree in sports management, business management, sports training, marketing, sales, advertising or any business leadership or sports leadership degree
• Familiar with online media such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Exceptionally friendly and outgoing
• Have the ability to multi-task and deal with numerous personalities
• Comfortable communicating with others via email, phone, and in person
• Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation