Web Programmer InternCurrie Technologies
Sports & Adventure InternGoombay Inc.
Marketing & Promotions Year-Long Internship 2014-2015 - Houston TexansHouston Texans
Marketing Events Year-Long Internship 2014-2015 - Houston TexansHouston Texans
Community Development Year-Long Internship 2014-2015 - Houston TexansHouston Texans
Associate Tennis ProfessionalBookmark This
International Tennis Hall of Fame
194 Bellevue Avenue
DescriptionThe Tennis Hall of Fame at the Newport Casino, site of the first U.S. National Championships in 1881, was founded by tennis innovator James Van Alen in 1954 as "a shrine to the ideals of the game." The Tennis Hall of Fame was officially sanctioned by the United States Tennis Association in 1954 and was recognized by the International Tennis Federation in 1986. The Hall of Fame Tennis Clubs operates 13 outdoor grass courts, 1 outdoor clay court and 3 indoor courts throughout the year. We separate our operations into two distinct seasons with the outdoor courts playable from May through Sept and the indoor courts playable from Sept into May of each year.
The Associate Tennis Professional will coordinate with the Head Professional in tennis court operations, instruction, tournament/events and facility usage for ongoing crossover functions in accordance with company missions and goals. He/she will assist in the management of teaching and instructional functions at the indoor and outdoor club tennis clubs on a full time basis beginning in June through August.
This position will be offered for college credit and/or can be accompanied by an hourly wage and commission based payment program based on ability, qualifications and prior experience. A specific amount of tennis clothing will be provided as part of the required 'all white tennis attire' program for the Hall of Fame Lawn Tennis Club operations.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities include but not limited to the following:
1. Timely and accurate record keeping relative to instruction and clinics;
2. Compliance with club policy and procedures;
3. Implementation of sales strategies in relation to instruction for juniors and adults in clinics, lessons, social functions and events;
4. Team participation in membership management, relations and sales;
5. Utilization of club management software in coordination of court time reservations and sales;
6. Application of marketing stategies for instructional programs (advertising and promotions);
7. Execution of pro shop sales, inventory controls and product knowledge;
8. Member, adult and student communication and correspondence (internal and external).
RequirementsAssociate Tennis Professional/Intern should have the following qualifications or equivalent work experience:
1. Major concentration in sports management curriculum preferred, not required;
2. Minor concentration in accounting, marketing or business management preferred, not required;
3. Collegiate tennis player, preferably Division 1 or 2;
4. Prior tennis teaching/coaching (full or part time) experience of various ages and ability levels;
5. Tennis certification preferred (USPTA/PTR and NTRP rating of 5 or above)
6. Excellent mechanical and knowledgeable teaching skills including '10 and Under' tennis;
7. Excellent member/customer relations;
6. Good business acumen and understanding of accounting controls;
7. Sales, marketing and organizational skills;
8. Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs;
9. Must be presentable and well groomed at all times.