Business Development Intern - Sports 1 MarketingBookmark This
Sports 1 Marketing
2 Venture, Suite 140
DescriptionSports 1 Marketing, LLC is looking for a Business Development Intern. This internship runs year-round and is an UNPAID Internship and can be for school credit.
Founded by Warren Moon, Pro Football Hall of Famer, and David Meltzer, Former CEO of Leigh Steinberg Enterprises, Sports 1 Marketing (“S1M”) is a sports and entertainment marketing company that maximizes the value of its clients and properties. Among other pursuits, S1M specializes in duel marketing. S1M markets individuals - elite current and legendary athletes, coaches and A list entertainers - for product promotion and off-the field activities and events. S1M also markets products by the use of these same individuals. S1M takes great pride in partnering with both outstanding individuals and exceptional corporate brands that have the same moral character and integrity that S1M believes in as its daily operating ethics.
But the S1M story does not end there. With over 35 years in the sports and entertainment industry, S1M has been involved with consulting and producing some of the most inspirational and aspirational films of our time. S1M’s presence has been recognized in films such as Jerry Maguire, Any Given Sunday, Ocean’s Eleven, Air Bud: Golden Receiver, Arli$$, among others, and S1M continues to act as executive producers as well as offer consulting and technical advising services, financing and product placement.
As S1M’s clients will attest, one of S1M’s greatest assets are the people in the company, and S1M takes great pride in its popular internship program, encouraging the education and training of individuals looking to make their way into the field of sports marketing, branding and advertising. Equally important is S1M’s business philosophy. S1M is determined to make a difference in the community. In addition to its own direct involvement, S1M aligns athletes and brands with charities that complement one another.
This Internship will provide the opportunity to be involved in the entire business development process:
• Research prospective sponsors
• Provide support with proposal writing and design, including sponsorship recaps
• Aid with sponsor parties, suites, and/or outings
• General administrative work and errands
• Assist with promotions, event execution, and sponsorship fulfillment
• Provide assistance, backup, and support to the CEO and Executive V.P. when needed.
• Handle troubleshooting issues and, when possible, provide direction internally for assistance.
• Create and maintain files.
• Initiate and be willing to take on responsibilities beyond the scope of the job description.
• Various projects and duties as assigned.
• Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
• Flexibility to travel if needed.
• Available a minimum of 10 hours per week
• Be enthusiastic about the opportunity to work in the sports industry
• Outstanding organizational, planning and time management skills
• Excellent writing skills and ability to draft correspondence
• Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels
• Ability to handle confidential matters discreetly
• Ability to handle pressures of fast paced work environment and work well under pressure and within deadlines
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) a must
• Graphic Design, web design experience a plus
• Experience in Sports, Sports marketing, sports business, is a plus
• Self-starter with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks concurrently
• Must have reliable transportation
Online video training and certification program required:
Completion of Stand Out And Get Connected: How To Land A Coveted Internship In Sports
See Internships.com/Sports for more information.