Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Sports Girl Media LLC
DescriptionSportsAsToldByAGirl is a girl's account of all things sports. We are looking for female writers looking to share their opinions on the biggest stories in sports. For this internship specifically, we are looking for an intern to cover this year's World Cup so you must love soccer for this position. You must be able to dedicate time to follow all of the important matches during the time period.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus