Sports Management InternshipLoneStar Sports and Social Club
Sports Administration & Event Management for NSC and MASCNational Sports Center
NASCAR Diversity Internship programNASCAR
Tournament Management InternInternational Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum
Pro/Elite Sports and MindsetAthletes' Performance
Fall Editorial Internship at SportsGridBookmark This
584 Broadway, Suite 510
New York, NY
DescriptionSportsGrid is seeking a fall semester editorial intern to help keep our sports blog machine rolling. If you're looking to get your byline on an established sports blog, earn school credit, make a name for yourself in the world of digital sports media, and do some original reporting along the way, this is the place to do so.
SportsGrid is the site for news, videos and smart opinions about sports as seen through the eyes of the media-addicted fan. Our coverage of athletes, teams and coaches goes beyond the playing field, and in our world, a player’s late night TV appearances and controversial political views matter just as much as his batting average. In addition to our daily blog posts, our proprietary “Power Grid” objectively tracks sports figures across a multitude of categories based on their real-time relevance.
SportsGrid is a property of Abrams Media. Abrams Media is a group of editorial websites including Mediaite, a media news website; Geekosystem, a site devoted to tech and geek culture; Styleite, which covers beauty and fashion; SportsGrid, on sports and sports-related media; The Mary Sue, a site for female geeks; The Braiser, devoted to celebrity chefs; and The Jane Dough, which examines the business and political worlds through the female prism. Our CEO, Dan Abrams, is the on-air Legal Analyst for ABC News, an anchor for that network and the former General Manager of MSNBC.
ResponsibilitiesThe ideal candidate:
- Is a current college or graduate student looking for hands-on writing experience at a news startup.
- Is familiar with our site, and the sports blogosphere in general.
- Has three smart, witty writing clips that mesh with our style and will blow us away. At least one clip should not be about sports.
- Wants to break the next big, smart, slightly sordid sports story.
- Possesses a clear knowledge of what works on the Internet and what doesn't.
- Can find stories on his or her own, and can quickly turn out crisp, clean, funny blog posts.
- Has an eclectic range of pop culture interests, and isn't only about sports.
- Is a Twitter addict.
If interested, please attach ALL of the following documents to your application email to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A resume/CV, including references
- The three aforementioned writing samples that you think mesh well with our style (again, one of the three should not be sports-related)
- A brief (one-page) cover letter explaining why your experience, knowledge, and personality make you the ideal intern for our site
• Our fall internships run from September to December, with flexible start and end dates
• The internship is based in our offices in SoHo, New York (although the right candidate can work remotely). Interns would need to be able to work a minimum of 2 days per week.
• Interns must be current college or graduate students who can receive academic credit for the internship; interns will be unpaid