Sports Management InternshipLoneStar Sports and Social Club
Sports Administration & Event Management for NSC and MASCNational Sports Center
NASCAR Diversity Internship programNASCAR
Tournament Management InternInternational Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum
Pro/Elite Sports and MindsetAthletes' Performance
Food and Beverage Concessions Internship (summer)Bookmark This
1575 Firestone Parkway
DescriptionThe person in this position is responsible for enhancing the image of the Racers concessions operations at Firestone Stadium. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining a high level of service, image and efficiency of the food and beverage operations at Firestone Stadium. This person is responsible for the set up of concession stands along with quality and inventory control. An exceptionally high standard of customer service, cleanliness and attention to detail is expected at all times.
Internship Dates: May - Aug 31
- Assist in coordinating and running operations of all concession stands and picnic areas
- Research and implement new ideas including food items, stands and pricing
- Understand requirements and work with the local Health Department
- Implement and carry out routine maintenance plans on all equipment
- Work closely with Racers’ front office staff to ensure all elements included in each group, picnic, and birthday are delivered with first class manners in accordance with the provisions of agreement
- Oversee and perform day-to-day operations of the concession stands at Firestone Stadium on both game days and non-game days
- Possible supervision of other interns and game day staff
- Work closely with front office to achieve revenue goals
- Work closely with other departments to assist in other areas when needed
Education: Some college coursework completed, for credit internship preferred but not required to be considered for this position.
- One or more year experience in food services (restaurants, sports venues, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be well organized, have great time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability and willingness to work long hours, nights/weekends/holidays, along with other events at Firestone Stadium
Note: When you apply for this job, please answer the following in your cover letter:
1. What do you hope to take out of an internship with the Akron Racers?
2. Why do you believe an internship within the F&B Department will help your personal and career goals?
3. Do you have local housing or the ability to secure it? (This is an unpaid internship)
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter and at least two references in PDF format to Stacy Corp at Stacycorp@akronracers.us