Graphic Design InternBookmark This
MLS Philadelphia Union
2501 Seaport Drive Suite 500
DescriptionThe Graphic Design Intern will be responsible for assisting the marketing and communications department in the creation and design of all design collateral. Interns will assist several departments as well as the front office in day-to-day operations. Internships with Philadelphia Union will provide qualified interns with an assortment of valuable learning experiences and exposure to all facets of a professional soccer team’s front office. Applicants applying for the Design Internship should be familiar with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. A sample portfolio will be required during the interview process. Interns will be asked to work nights and weekends. Applicants should be familiar with Microsoft Office and possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in the creation of all graphics, collateral, images and other projects
• Create and design layout for Inside the Net, Philadelphia Union’s Official Game day program
• Assist in updating website graphics, including banners, cover photos, web ads, etc.
• Create and compose official game day roster cards for all home, away and international matches
• Assist with additional ads and promotional material throughout the season
• Complete projects for various departments within the organization
• Assist and attend occasional grassroots and promotional events and work all Union Home Games.
RequirementsMust submit an online portfolio.
MUST BE ENROLLED IN SCHOOL
Please fill out the following questions and email Leah Moore with your cover letter, resume and area of interest:
Will you be enrolled in school during the time of this internship? What year are you?
Do you have local housing?
Do you have reliable transportation? Car or public?
Are you aware of the location of the stadium and front office?
What is your specific availability for this internship, including weekends?
Are you aware that this is an un-paid internship?
When could you start?
What is your end date?
Please list your top three areas of interest, the descriptions are attached.
** Online video training and certification program preferred:
Completion of Stand Out And Get Connected: How To Land A Coveted Internship In Sports
See Internships.com/Sports for more information.