Sourcing & Administrative ServicesCleveland Cavaliers
Performance Specialist/Strength and Conditioning InternEXOS (formerly Athletes' Performance)
Spring 2015 Student Associate ProgramThe Madison Square Garden Company
Intern - Ticket SalesMilwaukee Brewers
2015 LFL Football Athletic Trainer Internship-Atlanta Steam (Legends Football League)Atlanta Steam
Public Relations / Promotions InternshipBookmark This
Jersey Girl Sports
3525 Piedmont Road
DescriptionJersey Girl Sports is rapidly becoming the #1 multimedia destination for female sports fans. Founded in 2009, Jersey Girl Sports (www.jerseygirlsports.com) is the ONLY multimedia lifestyle brand for female sports fans. This site gives women the opportunity to get sports news and scores, watch Jersey Girl TV, blog about topics and interact with other female sports fans across the country called JGFs, Jersey Girl Friends. Get a feminine yet sporty experience with www.JerseyGirlSports.com 24/7, 365 days a year.
The Public Relations Intern will be responsible for assisting and supporting the co-owners and employees / subsidiaries of the company in a variety of functions essential to fundamental Public Relations, Marketing, and Advertising programs / campaigns as well as assisting with client / account management. This is a non-paid position. This is for early spring & summer 2012.
ResponsibilitiesThe position involves some or all of the following:
• Conducting media research.
• Managing media and client mailings.
• Building, generating, and maintenance of detailed media lists.
• Writing press releases and, potentially, some bylined articles.
• Researching and writing basic case-studies.
• Assisting with the development of story angles and brainstorming.
• Researching, writing, posting, and tracking varied / diverse and strategic blog posts, tweets, photo uploads, Facebook Fanpage posts, etc. for firm and clients.
• Disseminating and tracking press releases and other news.
• Assisting with photoshoots and coordinating interviews.
• Coordinating and assisting with tradeshows.
• Scheduling and assisting with Speakers’ Bureau / press tours.
• Preparing and mailing a variety of packets to editors, clients, and others.
• Coordinating and scheduling meetings.
• Maintaining / organizing hardcopy and electronic file systems.
• Attending some meetings and taking meeting minute-notes.
• Researching, organizing, and managing media clippings.
• Preparing, sending, tracking digital photo libraries to editors, clients, and others.
• Submitting and tracking print ads to publications.
• Typing, copying, dictate writing, letter writing, going on errands for the business, etc.
• Assisting with reading / monitoring all publications important to the company / clients.
• Generally meeting clients’ / personnel needs and expectations.
• Writing reports that outline PR activities / deliverables.
• Potentially interfacing with the media on behalf of the company / clients.
• Working across necessary functions and channels with the objective of assisting with new business account development; learning the phases and implementation of sales outreach, contacts, evolution, and closing.
• Managing varied facets of organized and strategic sales research and efforts.
Requirements• Superior research, writing, and verbal skills.
• Knowledge of Associated Press guidelines.
• Extremely organized.
• Self-motivated / driven.
• Multi-task oriented
• Ability and flexibility to juggle tasks.
• Ability to work under and meet tight and changing deadlines.
• Excellent communications skills and team player attitude.
• College studies in one of the following: Public Relations, Marketing, Ag Communications, or Journalism.
• Computer versed to include Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and strong familiarity with PowerPoint, PhotoShop and various Social Media outlets and formats.