Sports Management InternshipLoneStar Sports and Social Club
Sports Administration & Event Management for NSC and MASCNational Sports Center
NASCAR Diversity Internship programNASCAR
Tournament Management InternInternational Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum
Pro/Elite Sports and MindsetAthletes' Performance
Merchandise/Retail Internship (Summer)Bookmark This
1575 Firestone Parkway
DescriptionThe person in this position is responsible for enhancing the image of the Racers merchandise operations at Firestone Stadium. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining a high level of customer service, image and efficiency of the merchandise operations at Firestone Stadium. This person is responsible for the set up of the merchandise store, ordering and inventory of all merchandise, along with quality and inventory control. The intern will also be in charge of the On the Road merchandise program, which includes traveling to tournaments to sell merchandise and promote the Racers. An exceptionally high standard of customer service, cleanliness and attention to detail is expected at all times. Other office and stadium duties may be required from time to time during the season.
Internship Dates: May - August 2014
- Manage inventory control of all merchandise in store and online
- Work closely with Merchandise Manager to ensure success of retail operations
- Coordinate and run operations of merchandise sales
- Research and implement new ideas including designs and trends
- Work closely with Racers’ front office staff to ensure all elements included in each group, picnic, and birthday are delivered with first class manners in accordance with the provisions of agreement
- Oversee and perform day-to-day operations of the merchandise store at Firestone Stadium on both game days and non-game days
- Possible supervision of other interns and game day staff
- Work closely with front office to achieve revenue goals
- Work closely with other departments to assist in other areas when needed
Education: Some college coursework completed, for credit internship preferred but not required to be considered for this position.
- One or more year experience in retail preferred but not required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be well organized, have great time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability and willingness to work long hours, nights/weekends/holidays, along with other events at Firestone Stadium
Note: When you apply for this job, please answer the following in your cover letter:
1. What do you hope to take out of an internship with the Akron Racers?
2. Why do you believe an internship within the merchandise department will help your personal and career goals?
3. Do you have local housing or the ability to secure it? (This is an unpaid internship)
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter and at least two references in PDF format to Stacy Corp at Stacycorp@akronracers.us