Sports Anchor/Analyst - WrestlingSports & Entertainment Network
Sports Anchor/Analyst - Track & FieldSports & Entertainment Network
Sports Anchor/Analyst - Volley BallSports & Entertainment Network
Sports Anchor/Analyst - SoccerSports & Entertainment Network
Sports Anchor/Analyst - RowingSports & Entertainment Network
Operations InternBookmark This
Northern Trust Open
1250 Capri Drive
Pacific Palisades, CA
DescriptionThe PGA TOUR, located in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, is a nonprofit membership association that administers professional golf tours for the benefit of local charities. What started as the Los Angles Open, The Northern Trust Open is one of the longest running tournaments on the PGA TOUR, debuting in 1926 at the Los Angeles Country Club. It had been staged at various courses throughout the Los Angeles area before permanently settling at the Riviera Country Club in 1973. Outside of the major championships, the Northern Trust Open is the fourth-oldest event on the PGA TOUR. The Northern Trust Open is one of the most respected and revered tournaments on the PGA TOUR schedule. Held at the historic Riviera Country Club, it attracts one of the best fields in professional golf. Winners include: Ben Hogan, Sam Snead, Byron Nelson, Charlie Sifford, Arnold Palmer, Tom Watson, Fred Couples, Phil Michelson, Steve Stricker, John Merrick and 2014 champion Bubba Watson.
Responsibilities• Assist Tournament Manager/Operations Manager with day to day operational issues.
• Coordinate vendor relationships.
• Receive, inventory, and stock delivery items.
• Procurement of equipment and supplies.
• Attend meetings: Operations, Volunteer Committees Chair, etc.
• Special Event setup.
• Operational and logistical setup and planning.
• Assist with tournament setup and tear down.
Internship Dates: Monday, January 5th, 2015 – Friday, March 6th, 2015
Hours: 20 hours a week or as time permits prior to tournament; 40 hours a week as the tournament nears; overtime, evening and weekend hours may be necessary as tournament time approaches.
￼￼If you have any questions, please contact Tom Pulchinski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements1. A rising junior, rising or graduating Senior, or graduate student in an accredited four-year college or university.
2. Must be a minimum of 20 years old.
3. Majoring in Sports Marketing/Management, Marketing, Management, Business, Communications, or comparable majors.
4. Currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in good standing.
5. Eligible to work in the United States. International students must have all visas and employment authorizations prior to the start of an internship. Contact the international advisor at school at least 3-4 months prior to the start of an internship for work authorization requirements.
6. Carrying a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
7. Ability to work in a team environment is crucial.
8. Must take initiative and operate proactively in project management and problem solving.
9. Need capacity to work on several projects simultaneously and demonstrate self-discipline with schedule and time management.
10. Must have Public Relations skills and ability to communicate with staff, volunteers, members and general public.
11. Organization, attention to detail and follow-through are crucial.
Microsoft Office, Lotus Word Pro, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Send resume and cover to – Tom Pulchinski at email@example.com.
** Online video training and certification program preferred:
Completion of Stand Out And Get Connected: How To Land A Coveted Internship In Sports
See Internships.com/Sports for more information.