Sports Management InternshipLoneStar Sports and Social Club
Sports Administration & Event Management for NSC and MASCNational Sports Center
NASCAR Diversity Internship programNASCAR
Tournament Management InternInternational Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum
Pro/Elite Sports and MindsetAthletes' Performance
Public and Media Relations Internship (summer)Bookmark This
1575 Firestone Parkway
DescriptionThe person in this position is responsible for enhancing the public and media relations department of the Akron Racers. This includes but is not limited to acting as team liaison between the Racers players and media, other teams in the league and the league office. These interns will work to aggressively expand and enhance the team’s media and publicity coverage throughout the local area. The candidate will also assist in multiple other aspects including publications and fan relations.
Internship Dates: May - end of August
-Write team press releases and maintain a media and public relations contact database
- Brainstorm and pitch team or player stories to local / national media
- Coordinate media requests for players, coaches, etc. and handle media credentials for press
- Assist in preparing game notes, stat packs and rosters for each home game
- Write game recaps after each home game
- Prepare and send weekly team e-blasts
- Update and maintain team website
- Design graphics, advertisements, and banners for web, media and stadium use
- Update and maintain centralized team photo library
- Develop a close working relationship with all local media contact persons and manage those accounts accordingly
- Assist in brainstorming and executing team promotional nights and events
- Maintain and help to increase the social media presence.
Education: Some college coursework completed, for credit internship preferred but not required to be considered for this position.
- One or more year experience in a sports or writing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be energetic, well organized, have great time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability and willingness to work long hours, nights/weekends/holidays, along with other events at Firestone Stadium
Note: When you apply for this job, please answer the following in your cover letter:
1. What do you hope to take out of an internship with the Akron Racers?
2. Why do you believe an internship within the PR Department will help your personal and career goals?
3. Do you have local housing or the ability to secure it? (this is an unpaid internship)
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter and at least two references in PDF format to Stacy Corp at Stacycorp@akronracers.us