Sports Management InternshipLoneStar Sports and Social Club
Sports Administration & Event Management for NSC and MASCNational Sports Center
NASCAR Diversity Internship programNASCAR
Tournament Management InternInternational Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum
Pro/Elite Sports and MindsetAthletes' Performance
Sponsorship Sales and Service Internship (summer)Bookmark This
1575 Firestone Parkway
DescriptionResponsible for seeking out new corporate partners for the Akron Racers. Duties include cold calling, attending networking events, b2b sales, and other tasks revolving around the selling of sponsorships. During the season interns are responsible for maintaining sponsorships, ensuring all activation agreements are fulfilled, and assisting in the upkeep of accounts. The internship also includes seeking out possible future sponsors and entertaining clients at Racers games to begin negotiations for future sponsorships. Other office and stadium duties may be required from time to time during the season.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
Account Executives must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Polished presentation skills with an ability to think and react to situations confidently
- Excellent relationship building and people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A go-getter, with drive and initiative to succeed and develop a career in sports
- Assertive, persistent and results oriented while looking to succeed personally, ability to support team environment and adhere to departmental guidelines.
- Working knowledge of the internet and Microsoft office
- Ability to consistently re-prioritize based on sales needs
- Ability to provide sales reports and contact status back to management daily/weekly
- Ability to thrive under a competitive sales environment
- High energy, ability to remain focused and work independently
- Work weekends and a minimum of two days during normal business hours
Education: Some college coursework completed, for credit internship preferred but not required to be considered for this position
Experience: No experience required, however prior sales/customer service experience and/or experience in a sports environment is preferred
Commission: Sponsorship interns can earn commission based on sales performance
Note: When you apply for this job, please answer the following in your cover letter:
1. What do you hope to take out of an internship with the Akron Racers?
2. Why do you believe an internship within the Sponsorships Department will help your personal and career goals?
3. Do you have local housing or the ability to secure it? (this is an unpaid internship)
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter and at least two references in PDF format to Stacy Corp at Stacycorp@akronracers.us