The Academy of Athletic Advancement Internship programThe Academy of Athletic Advancement
Performance Specialist (Strength and Conditioning) InternEXOS (formerly Athletes' Performance
Sport Management - Virginia Beach Field HouseVirginia Beach Field House
Event SalesPortland Trailblazers
Operations InternNorthern Trust Open
Sports Management/Sports Journalism/Scouting InternshipBookmark This
Prep Baseball Report
4750 South Vernon Ave.
La Grange, IL
DescriptionThe Prep Baseball Report is a scouting, events, and multimedia company that focuses solely on high school baseball. The Prep Baseball Report aims to be the authoritative voice in each state we cover. Currently the Prep Baseball Report is in Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Wisconsin and Kansas. We will soon be covering Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, Virginia and New York.
The Prep Baseball Report is currently seeking college-level interns completing coursework in one of more of the following: Sports Management, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or related field. We are looking to fill internships in the following fields: Sport Management/Marketing, Sports Journalism and Scouting. A candidate with baseball knowledge and high-level playing experience is a plus. Visit www.prepbaseballreport.com to learn more about Prep Baseball Report.
Responsibilities• Write news articles, blogs, player and team profiles for website and social media
• Game, tournament, special event coverage
• Update and Increase social media presence via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Ask.fm ect.
• Work and cover events run by Prep Baseball Report including Showcases and tournaments
• Candidate may be asked to attend and report High School games, tournaments or showcase events (if interested in scouting).
Requirements• College-level coursework in Sports Management, Communications, marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or related field
• Strong writing and verbal skills and strong interest in baseball; experience in either playing or covering baseball is a plus
• Interest in writing and reading sports journalism
• Experience using social media platforms
• Candidates should be confident communicators, highly self-motivated, and have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and ability to learn additional software programs
• Able to work 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with the flexibility of working longer days at our events